Peavey FH-1 cabinet restore

kg4guy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree however my back isn't what it used to be and I had a triple hernia fixed 1 yr. ago so I am still a little gun shy moving heavy equipment around.

Just find a strong looking teenager who looks bored and ask him if he wants to be your roadie? Besides those Peavy bass bins would probably so over power the (rhymes with HOSE)....

Maybe some wheelie carts? Strap on the LaScalas and you're good to go... if you have a trailer to whell 'em onto. Where you at? Maybe Roger will come help a brother. He still doesn't seem too decrepid? Maybe I'd come help if close enough. After all, saving the world from (rhymes with HOSE) is kind of our missioin, isn't it?

ed: California... way too far away for me and Roger too

• 4 weeks later...

Well.... U find a milk carton yet?

Got everything hooked up yesterday and Roger was correct these sound very nice K-43 in the FH-1's and K-55-V solder terminals and Eminence APT 50's with ALK Jr crossover I also took djk 's advice and changed everything over to Speakon connectors This is the reading I took with my RTA iphone app on the bins with pink noise.

Looking good, but the bottoms MUST be on the floor! It looks like you have a gap there...???

I am glad you like them this way I told you they woul Rock!!

I use three of these in my HT for the left center n right chanels, Add the THX ka1000 amp and matching subs it is outstanding!

These have the reflectors in the corners and the metal logo says its a FH-1 and has a slot and ramps however I didn't measure the slot to see if it was 3" x 13" and the deflector appears to be a little larger.

I have been saying all along that FH1's are stronger and cheaper than older LaScala bins, with, essentially, the same sound. I have 6 of them, but since I am downsizing my rears, I will only keep 2 (I now have a pair of older, all metal JBL horns and I'm using one for my center channel. Twin Fortes or Heresys didnt' cut the mustard for centers between my big MWM stacks.

So I will be selling 2 complete SP-1's (FH-1's attached to a big CD horn on top) and another detached pair (FH-1 and MX-1). Otherwise known as "cheap Scalas" at $395 per plug and play pair.

• 3 months later...

I didn't have the Midbase horn or the money. I did have the milk crate but I thought a bit of plywood could be better. So last December I did a quicky project . I liked the ported LaScala clones that I built so I made a 4 sided open box with a pair of 7 inch long and 4 inch in diameter ports that goes between the stock hatch cover and the woofer opening. I would like to try some different woofers (k33, k43, Crites) sometime. The Slot width (from memory, I took a photo but I can't find it now) is 5 1/8 or 5 1/4 inch wide and full height, the stock FW1 is speced to 58 to 500hz at - 3db and 45 hz at -10 db. I don't have a clue on what the ported version will do.

post-42841-13819659238384_thumb.jpg

These have the reflectors in the corners and the metal logo says its a FH-1 and has a slot and ramps however I didn't measure the slot to see if it was 3" x 13" and the deflector appears to be a little larger.

I found the picture of the slot opening to the throat. 5 1/8 x 13 inch

I guess the finish details were left out on this one, I nocked off the fuzz and vacuumed the dust out.

post-42841-13819659242884_thumb.jpg