Peavey FH-1 cabinet restore

kg4guy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my friends son went to pick them up and the guy gave him the entire stack for $200. and they are in excellent condition with original drivers FH-1's MB-2's and the big top horns. Can't wait to get them down here I have zero room I need to figure something out I guess the living room has room but not sure how that will go over with the boss???

My friends son is picking up two Peavey MB-1's and the two Peavey top horns today up in San Fran didn't have the room for the FH-1 cabinet as well but may have him get it anyway .

I'm using MB-1's with my JBL 2360's and those two together cover the range from 120Hz to 6Khz with the most amazing, effortless detail I have ever owned. if you want my simple, passive network schematic, just ask.

Claude

I have an Ashly XR 2001 coming tomorrow I hope to use with the MWM and the MB-2 and the JBL 2360A with the EV DHIA drivers. I'll take the schematic also my email is aayrassian@yahoo.com Thanks

Thought you said you had MB-1's in original post. MB-2 will only go to about 250 Hz. according to specs and they are about 4 db less efficient than the MB-1's. They are not CD and don't have a phase plug..............but they are smaller and match the FH1 footprint.

Yes I was wrong I thought they were the MB-1 but all in all they will work until I can get another mid option and for $200. for the entire stacks I wasn't going to pass it up as I have two pair of FH-1 bottoms now. There is another midrange option until I can get a pair of the Klipsch MB horns and drivers I have a few pair of Bose 802-II's.[:o]

Yes I was wrong I thought they were the MB-1 but all in all they will work until I can get another mid option and for $200. for the entire stacks I wasn't going to pass it up as I have two pair of FH-1 bottoms now. There is another midrange option until I can get a pair of the Klipsch MB horns and drivers I have a few pair of Bose 802-II's.Surprise

No worries. You only need a single MWM per channel and the MB-2 is actually a better match than the MB-1 anyhow, since the efficiency is the same for the same drive voltage.........makes for easier matching passively (yes I know you will be using active, but still).

If you look at my Avatar, the MB-1 is the one above the Khorn bass clone and below the JBL2360. You will soon have one of the best sounding stacks out there, so keep going the way you are.

Cool I have a few weeks to figure this out as my friend will be traveling up to see his son and has a Honda mini van and with the sets removed it has plenty of room. Ed has been so cool I have had him bring alot of equipment down from the San Fran area great guy one of the co founders of Wave Front Tech. now know as Pixar. Can't wait to get this

system going with the MB-2's and the 2360A's I'm waiting for Ashly to get back to me on how to hook up this XR 2001 in 3 way stereo setting a little confusing even after talking to a tech on the phone I guess he assumed I knew more than I did about active networks ??