Juicy music Pcats

davis419b

I am one happy camper ! I got very lucky yesterday and acquired a mint set of Pcats. These amps are mammoth in size. I had a chance to listen to them for about an hour last night. I must say I am very impressed with the sound. It is the purest and cleanest sound I have heard so far. It doesnt seem to matter how loud you listen the sound is just beautiful ! I am warming them up right now for a much longer listening session tonight. I am nowhere close to even being a bad tech so I really like the bias adjustment that these amps have. Its a no brainer to get them perfect !

Don

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! So when are you going to invite the DFW locals over for a listen? Wink

Thanks Seadog, You guys are welcome at my house anytime ! I have been very focused for the last 3 years acquiring gear that I have not spent much time learning to get the best out of what I have. This was going to be my focus this year instead of buying more gear and then this deal came along and I could not pass it up. Now its time to get back on track and do some learning.

Congrats Don, I also tried to buy them, but was a couple hours to late [:'(] I wanted to compare them against my Bat gear. At half the price that juicy gear may be a giant killer. Marks products are sorely missed around this forum. Looking forward to your reviews Don, & if you should ever decide to sell them please dont forget me.

Cornman

Sounds like a great venue for a future DFW Hornheads gathering [:D]

Congrats! So when are you going to invite the DFW locals over for a listen? Wink

Thanks Seadog, You guys are welcome at my house anytime ! I have been very focused for the last 3 years acquiring gear that I have not spent much time learning to get the best out of what I have. This was going to be my focus this year instead of buying more gear and then this deal came along and I could not pass it up. Now its time to get back on track and do some learning.

Welcome to the club! The PCATS are a wonderful creation. Grain free smooth and musical. I have had a set for a number of years and have to say that a number of folks here are now pcat owners after having heard mine. Very very special indeed. The clarity and and transparency of a set with the ability to play it loud when you want. Cant imagine life without em!

Josh

Welcome to the club! The PCATS are a wonderful creation. Grain free smooth and musical. I have had a set for a number of years and have to say that a number of folks here are now pcat owners after having heard mine. Very very special indeed. The clarity and and transparency of a set with the ability to play it loud when you want. Cant imagine life without em!

Josh

Josh

Thanks Josh, I am honered to be in the club, Thanks to all that have responded to this thread. Everything you sat is dead on. I am not much of a reviewer as I dont have the knowledge to put it into words yet. My first thought after listening for 1 hour was they were the purist and cleanest amps I have heard so far and I believe that is pretty much what you said. There is going to be a showdown starting tomorrow night and lasting all weekend.

post-29696-13819635385536_thumb.jpg

I have had several offers from members on the Pcats. The purpose of this shoot-out is only to determine which of my 4 systems I have in different rooms will get which gear based on how they sound in each room. Thanks for the offers anyway !

The vultures probably seen what you paid for them.

Don't let them go for less than doubling your money Don. You just can't buy them like that anymore!

But better yet just keep them!

Congrats again by the way!