Juicy music Pcats

davis419b

Well the shootout lasted 30 minutes and 3 cd,s and I had already maid up my mind which amps stayed in the man cave. I started with the Pcats and never got to anything else. I will do what I need to to get everything I want out of the Pcats. I listened for 30 mores minutes and to my surprise the left amp shut down, very disappointing. When I laid my hands on the base they were very hot. This is the reason the previous owner stopped listening to them and bought something else plus he was not satisfied with the bass.The next part of the showdown takes place in the living room where I have 78 Khorn KB-RL.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened for 30 mores minutes and to my surprise the left amp shut down, very disappointing. .

Ah sorry to hear. That sucks but I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

Yea, its not like it has never happened to other Pcat owners . It is just a minor set back. I will need to get with Mark and get the info on how to fix them. Meanwhile it looks like the Tsakiridis take back over the lead in the showdown !

davis419b,

I had the same problem with one of mine shutting down. You may have already talked to Mark, but he suggested that I drill a grid pattern of 1/4 inch holes in the black bottom plates for convection cooling. I simply removed the plates altogether and put the rubber feet from the plates back onto the chassis edges so they stand off the floor. They run much cooler now, and haven't shut down again.

D

davis419b,

I had the same problem with one of mine shutting down. You may have already talked to Mark, but he suggested that I drill a grid pattern of 1/4 inch holes in the black bottom plates for convection cooling. I simply removed the plates altogether and put the rubber feet from the plates back onto the chassis edges so they stand off the floor. They run much cooler now, and haven't shut down again.

D

Thanks D, I have sent Mark an email about the mod info. I am not crazy about mounting the heatsink on top but I will do what I have to do. I may try your suggestion and see what happens while I am waiting on the info.

davis419b,

D

Thanks D, I have sent Mark an email about the mod info. I am not crazy about mounting the heatsink on top but I will do what I have to do. I may try your suggestion and see what happens while I am waiting on the info.

If you are worried about cosmetics/aesthetics Don, it does not look bad at all. Here is a picture of mine done this way.

post-9114-13819635470042_thumb.jpg

davis419b,

D

If you are worried about cosmetics/aesthetics Don, it does not look bad at all. Here is a picture of mine done this way.

Thanks for the pic joren ! Have you had any other issues since the mod. I am curious if it could be located on the rear panel.

You are welcome Don. No problems at all and they have been on darn near around the clock the last couple days and not one issue.

I have had them over a year and just took them out of the boxes for the very first time last week. So far, I cannot get enough of the way they sound.

You are welcome Don. No problems at all and they have been on darn near around the clock the last couple days and not one issue.

I have had them over a year and just took them out of the boxes for the very first time last week. So far, I cannot get enough of the way they sound.

They do sound fantastic dont they ! How could you have waited a year to listen to them unless you were waiting to finish your build which by the way looks absolutely fabulous !!

Are you using these on your Jub clones? Must be incredible!!!

Bruce

They do sound fantastic dont they ! How could you have waited a year to listen to them unless you were waiting to finish your build which by the way looks absolutely fabulous !!

Thanks for the compliment Don and yes, I had to wait until the Jube Clones were ready. I could not just drag in the Khorns as I have no corners for them. It was more than worth it.

Are you using these on your Jub clones? Must be incredible!!!

Bruce

Hey Bruce... Yes I have them running the clones. In all honesty and not an ounce of BS, "incredible" does not even begin to describe them.

Oh and by the way, I hope you will forgive my oversight in not congratulating you on your marriage. I was one of the many rooting for you and could not be happier that things worked out for you the way they did. Glad you made it through.

Thanks for the compliment Don and yes, I had to wait until the Jube Clones were ready. I could not just drag in the Khorns as I have no corners for them. It was more than worth it.

It looks as though it might be time to stop buying khorns and look for a set of Jubs.