Well it finally happened...

DrWho

• Moderators

Congratulations Doc [H]

After watching all of the videos, the first thing I thought was it's hard to believe there was nothing like this before with all the RF in the air, with out trying to do it manually, which was still somewhat a guess. For events this is very cool and could save a show, once setup it's almost completely automatic. Also RF interference is only going to get worse, plus you can also include local Tv stations or portable walkie talkies used by the crew, very cool idea.

One of the cool things was the Spectrum management, finding a less congested freq to transmit on is one thing but to be able to also listen in on ANY individual RF freq that easily would probably be wanted by certain law enforcement people. [:o]

• Moderators

Congratulations Mike! That is truly cool technology. We run 9 Sennheiser Mics at church and we sometimes get signal interference. Seems like a revolutionary technology. Way to go bro! If you need help carrying the loot to the bank, give me a call. [:D]

Great news, Mike! Congrats!

On a side note, who would support me hiding all of jacksonbarts posts from everyone but himself??

Wink

Does the software allow for different portals or dimensions? So everytime he writes something it looks like he is writing in the thread but really writing in his own portal

Congratulations Mike! That is truly cool technology. We run 9 Sennheiser Mics at church and we sometimes get signal interference. Seems like a revolutionary technology. Way to go bro! If you need help carrying the loot to the bank, give me a call. Big Smile

Blasphemy! [;)]

Have you done any spectrum planning in your area? That sounds way fancier than it is....but it's not enough to just tune your mics to different frequencies. Sometimes you can get intermods, which will cause intermittent interference sounding artifacts, and the solution is spreading out your mics in such a way that the intermods don't land on any of the open mic channels.

You could use Shure's (free) WWB software by plugging in Shure mic frequencies to get an idea of where to look:
http://www.shure.com/americas/support/downloads/wireless-workbench/index.htm

Shure has officially announced the release of "Axient", which will be my first ever release of a commercial audio product after college. Cool

That is really cool! Being an engineer myself, I know what it is like to finally get to release a product to the "world" and how satisfying that is. However, at my past employment, the "product" that I helped to develop was this:

ddg79_oscar-austin.jpg

ddg-79-lores.jpg

However, my current employment, I cannot show the products that I now currently develop as most of it is classified. However, I do empathize with you with regards to RF, though.

Still, that is awesome so get to see your "baby" finally go out to face the world.

However, at my past employment, the "product" that I helped to develop was this:

No worries about you taking that home in your lunchbox! Can you water-ski behind it? Devil

The thing will do 30+ knots (actual top speed is classified), so that should be plenty of speed to get up on water skis. Didn't Mythbusters show on an episode that it was possible to water ski behind a cruise ship? That Aegis destroyer (DDG-79 Oscar Austin) will go faster than just about any cruise ship out there. Would hate to deal with that wake, though! [6] Would make hell of a fishig boat as well! [;)]

Didn't Mythbusters show on an episode that it was possible to water ski behind a cruise ship?

Yes, but the idea came from a scene in Apocalypse Now. Water-skiing behind a gunboat in enemy territory in wartime looked really daring and decadent.