promedia mini -> speaker wire options?

kaitanium

since the 4.1 kit from monster isnt avaliable anymore, does anyone have any good options? i know i can order the standard wire set from klipsch (and i did) but was wondering if there are any better alternatives out there...more durable ones i suppose.

reason i ask is that my speakers are cutting in and out on different days. yesterday my front right was out. today my entire right side was out. some days it will just be one speaker and other days ill get sound from all speakers. im in the process of replacing my comuters sound card so i figure i might as well replace the entire sound hookup

lol, yes, me! But I am not sure that your problem woudl be caused by the wires. we can certainly give them a shot and see what happens, but it might be the DIN connector, in which case I could help you out with that too. Lets see what happens, I will get your wires done this weekend. If you want one set at a longer length for the 4.1 (longer than 10 feet) then you will need to let me know so we can set that up, otherwise both sets will be 10 feet long.

haha what a small world!

im thinking it could be the DIN too and was going to email you on that. i will try the setup when my new sound card arrives and the cables. may need your help with the DIN if thats the issue....a whole new preamp/controlis $100 on ebay YIKES

yesterday my rear right speaker was staticky. today its fine.<p>

i just installed a creative x-fi (from my audigy2) and i can totally hear a difference in audio quality (great!) but all 3 speakers are working except the front right. jiggling the DIN doesnt help nor does jiggling the connected wires to the sub. removing and replugging the minijack to that speaker doesnt work either.<p>

cant wait to get in your cables limit one more possiblity. sounds like this will get expensive. i only bought these speakers for $150! sound card and wirs are practically half the cost already haha.

• 3 weeks later...

wow mr clean is fantastic.totally helped me throughout the process.turns out it wasnt my sound card problem or the original speaker wire problem but some deoxit fader lube f5 totally fixed all my woes and i even have a new set of awesome custom made speaker wire from mr clean to boot. i totally dont regret getting the wires! i am so happy and can finally re-enjoy my awesome speakers once again!!!

anyone want my set of stock speaker wires? hehe.