California "superstorm"?

jwc

• Moderators

Well that sure sounds bad. [:o]

I guess we can add this to the list, earthquakes, global warming, global cooling, meteors, our own government, fast food, hole in the ozone, UV radiation, the poles shifting, change in sea temps, volcano's, nuclear war, tsunamis, genetically engineered food, overpopulation, and don't forget the ever popular 2012 and of course Revelations.

I know I left out some popular ones.

What could possibly go wrong ! [:#]

People who worry should probably worry about Yellowstone popping it's cork. There is a measured 5 square mile hunk of molten stuff sitting underneath and building up every day as measured by satellite. This super volcano site pops it's gourd every 600,000 years and is 40,000 years overdue. When it goes the USA is history as the resultant ice age will make it hard to find something to eat.

JJK

People who worry should probably worry about Yellowstone popping it's cork.

I forget the periodicity, but I've seen the satellite views highlighting the progression of this caldera as it explodes ever few millenenia and moves a bit each time. Extraordinary. This is definitely not an "if," but a "when."

And global in impact each time it happens.

Dave

Well that sure sounds bad. Surprise

I guess we can add this to the list, earthquakes, global warming, global cooling, meteors, our own government, fast food, hole in the ozone, UV radiation, the poles shifting, change in sea temps, volcano's, nuclear war, tsunamis, genetically engineered food, overpopulation, and don't forget the ever popular 2012 and of course Revelations.

I know I left out some popular ones.

What could possibly go wrong ! Zip it!

not to mention the worst of all......audiovox buying klipsch

I heard one of the scientists on the radio talking about this. She sounded like a bozo. She referred to the recent storm as an “atmospheric river” saying “we’re lucky it only lasted seven days—what if it rained for a month.” I tried to apply her thinking to another tragic event that hit southern California this past weekend. I got up from my chair and bumped the tv tray. My 44oz diet coke fell to the ground and the lid popped off, spilling the contents onto the carpet. I thought of that scientist and wondered, “I’m lucky this was just 44 ounces of soda—what if soda never stopped coming out of the cup? What a disaster that would be…I turned down the diet coke spillage option on my homeowners insurance.