Just got a Squeezebox touch today! -- This thing is the Cats Meow !.........................

Cut-Throat

One of the neatest gadgets I have bought in the last 10 years ! - Internet Radio and Remote. I am going to Rip all my Cds to Flac and this will be my new CD Player! --- I can take all my music with me and just plug it into any stereo at the the rental unit.

With it's digital output I am going to buy a high quality tube DAC and use this from now on.

This is the offical death notice of the CD Player!

I purchased a DAC over the Holidays, on the Second day I moved my CD Player up to my office.

I bought another DAC for my office a couple of days later. . .

iPad remote runs my imac, I do not even get up from my chair any more.

It is amazing how much a good DAC makes when playing Redbook, even more amazing what a good 24/96 FLAC sounds like.

One of the neatest gadgets I have bought in the last 10 years !

I agree, been playing with mine for a week now. Still alot for me to figure out with ripping CD's, no experience with that yet.

An excellent application of this Squeezebox is to connect to a pair of XF-48's.....

I'll check that out..........connecting the XF-48's to the Squeezebox.......should be cool, and a stand alone system in another room.

I agree, been playing with mine for a week now. Still alot for me to figure out with ripping CD's, no experience with that yet.

Most Audiophiles use the FLAC format. It is an 'Open' Compression Form. No loss of any music and Tags (Labels) all songs the best. I use a program that is called dbpoweramp to rip CDs. It costs $38, but well worth it. Easy to use and rip to FLAC format.

Kevin,

I have an Alix PC running Voyage MPD linux connected to my Havana DAC. It requires some knowledge of Linux to setup. I'm using an excellend app called MPoD on iPod/iPad as remote control.

Kudret

Kudret, Are getting as good a sound from this PC based system as you would from a CD player into a DAC ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sold!

I went and visited a audio buddy today and he has a Squeezebox. He showed how it was hooked up and explained how it worked. He is using a little external hardrive connected to it, then using a Mac pre-amp for the DAC. (reason being better quality than the Logitech's DAC.)

He also showed me a larger tetrabyte storage hardrive that is reasonable in price than can be used with the Squeezebox.

I'll have to pony up 300 bucks somehow... I'd rather do that than bother finding another new or vintage CD or DVD player for playing music.

Internet radio and capable of massive music storage. I haven't had much hankering for any audio goodies lately other than enjoying tweaking the TT and listening to records, but I actually desire a Squeezebox.

I'm sold!

I went and visited a audio buddy today and he has a Squeezebox. He showed how it was hooked up and explained how it worked. He is using a little external hardrive connected to it, then using a Mac pre-amp for the DAC. (reason being better quality than the Logitech's DAC.)

He also showed me a larger tetrabyte storage hardrive that is reasonable in price than can be used with the Squeezebox.

I'll have to pony up 300 bucks somehow... I'd rather do that than bother finding another new or vintage CD or DVD player for playing music.

Internet radio and capable of massive music storage. I haven't had much hankering for any audio goodies lately other than enjoying tweaking the TT and listening to records, but I actually desire a Squeezebox.

I am also going to buy another SBT for my upstairs system, so that I've got access to all my music from both systems.On the Squeezbox forum, owing mulitple SBT's is the Norm. Most people after they find out how useful the SBT is, end up buying 2 or 3 of them.

Again, the neatest gadget I've gotten in 10 years!