Jubilee locations for possible auditions

Coytee

And another correction

Do you also have LaScalas in your collection? (I could add you on the JubeScala list)

Then again, would you want to be on that list if it would force you to whip a passive out for them since you are not using an active?

I do in fact have a Jubscala K-402/K/69 active (will be passive no doubt when I get around to it) with Crown XTI-1000. So small I forgot to mention it.

Bob Crites

For the Chicago clone pair - built by our old friend ssctrojan right here in this forum,...I am currently using a set LeCleac'h JMLC350 horns from Poland with TAD TD-2001 drivers.

I had previously used ALTEC 511B horn + 808-8Bs. I upgraded them to LeCleac'h 400Hz horns with JBL 2435HPL 1.5" drivers. The current combo is far superior.I can't imagine a better sounding top than the LeCleac'h/TADcombination.

I am still using the EV DX38 crossover. Hope to go passive one day.

Bob could you let us know if you ever plan on offering a passive jubscala x-over, would be interested for sure.

Send me an email. I think building that should be no problem.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@mac.com

Yeah I got the TADs. They didn't work too well with the Altec 511Bs but they sound great with the LeCleac'h.

You can't crossover the TADs too low and the Jub bass bottom too high.

I have been experimenting alot using my DX38. I am finally settle on whata fairly high crossover point for with a steep slope the TADs while keeping the same bass bottom setting that Dr. Who did for me the year before.

The instruments and voices sound "just right"

• 6 months later...

And don't tell me this gives me a reason to go out and buy a pair.

Ok, we'll try a different angle. [6]

How about "He's in the "He manned up" group?"

Of the (approximate) 26 owners, from what I can gather, 16 of them bought the Jubilee's without having first heard them. Put different, 62% of the buyers bought without having heard. (I don't fall into that crowd)

Personally, I tip my hat to these guys who bought on a leap of faith that PWK's final project was a worthwhile project to own.

[Y]

And don't tell me this gives me a reason to go out and buy a pair.

It was reason enough for me to invest in a pair, and later upgrade to TAD TD-4002 drivers. I didn't hear either of these before buying. Of course, I was listening to a pair of Khorns at the time and was intrigued at the thought that something that could sound even better. My bet turned out to be right. I have listened to them virtually every day since. If figured that they were cheaper for an empty nester than a dealer-bought Harley: not being a rider, that decision was easy.

Chris

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Updated but... I don't remember... passive or active crossover? I'm presuming you're using the K69? If not, let me know any errors and I'll fix them.

Updated but... I don't remember... passive or active crossover? I'm presuming you're using the K69? If not, let me know any errors and I'll fix them.

Active crossover (got to have that time alignment) and K69s right now but will soon change to JBL 2446 drivers.

Thanks for maintaining the list!