Jubilee locations for possible auditions

Coytee

7 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

That's hard to believe.... 

Really?  I thought everyone knew that Belles and Scalas made great TV stands, as well as great centre channel speakers.

Or did you mean that IKEA now sells really fine-sounding TV stands or other furniture?  We don’t have an IKEA on the Island, so I haven’t been to one of those stores since 1990 or so.  For all I know, they could be selling solar-powered reclining sofas these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Turbox sold his (did they go to HPower?)

Say @MarkKrochuck Are there any direct flights from you to Knoxville, TN??

You'd be more than welcome to have the keys to the system here.  Fly down in morning, jam all day, have lunch and return that night.

I'll pick you up from and return you back to the airport.

Honest offer if decide to do it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Coytee said:

You'd be more than welcome to have the keys to the system here.  Fly down in morning, jam all day, have lunch and return that night.

Now that is rolling out the red carpet! Good on ya, sir.

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

Now that is rolling out the red carpet! Good on ya, sir.

Heh...  until he finds out he's the (something like) 14th person who's done it.  Guess that makes me a *hore.....

Actually, (just looked it up) I've had 22 people here, ranging from:

Tallahassee, FL

Jacksonville, FL

Knoxville (essentially where I live)

Maryville (also close to me)

Oak Ridge (close to me) 

Nashville

Maryland

Lenoir City (near me)

Athens, TN

Lexington, KY

Staton Island, NY

Athens, GA

Carrollton, GA

Charlotte, NC

I think that's most of the locations.

So, what's one more to the list!!

:emotion-19:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Hey man, thats super generous of you, thank you for offering. I will keep it in mind if I am able to ever make it down there. Looking for something in the 2 hour driving range. 

17 hours ago, babadono said:

@Turbox, @HPower  ^ help this guy out.

I did sell my Jub clones a year and a half or so ago... huge mistake!

I will let @Chris A speak to how my set measured when he helped dial them in,

but to my ear I was very happy with the way they sounded.

After realizing my mistake in selling the Jub-likes, I refurbished a pair of Peavey FH-1 bass bins and

then paired them with the K510 / Faital HF-200 drivers in a custom top hat that I built for them.

This set up sounded pretty darn good but I found myself missing that K402 presence, so I then ordered a a pair

of K402 / K691 and stands to go atop the FH-1s.

Again, with Chris's help to dial them in, I am very happy with the performance.

In an other room, I have a pair of rough looking La Scalas that I am planning to refurbish this spring.

Although they are a little hard on the eyes right now, they do play fine and I am sure after I replace the Type AL crossover

with a nicely built Type AA and maybe upgrade to something like Dave's tweeter, they will be quite nice.

@MarkKrochuck 

I am in Newmarket, ON which is about 45 minutes or so north of Toronto.

You would be welcome to come hear my set-up(s) if you like.

LS_HIP.thumb.jpg.1ae50ffd356d54d1c6865ba857e98d01.jpgPeavey_402_sm.thumb.jpg.6302953acee5ab59ea013028ff1758ff.jpgIMG_0991_sm.thumb.jpg.5a036f1690054bb7e64f6dfb96e5a77f.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HPower said:

I did sell my Jub clones a year and a half or so ago... huge mistake!

I will let @Chris A speak to how my set measured when he helped dial them in,

but to my ear I was very happy with the way they sounded.

After realizing my mistake in selling the Jub-likes, I refurbished a pair of Peavey FH-1 bass bins and

then paired them with the K510 / Faital HF-200 drivers in a custom top hat that I built for them.

This set up sounded pretty darn good but I found myself missing that K402 presence, so I then ordered a a pair

of K402 / K691 and stands to go atop the FH-1s.

Again, with Chris's help to dial them in, I am very happy with the performance.

In an other room, I have a pair of rough looking La Scalas that I am planning to refurbish this spring.

Although they are a little hard on the eyes right now, they do play fine and I am sure after I replace the Type AL crossover

with a nicely built Type AA and maybe upgrade to something like Dave's tweeter, they will be quite nice.

@MarkKrochuck 

I am in Newmarket, ON which is about 45 minutes or so north of Toronto.

You would be welcome to come hear my set-up(s) if you like.

LS_HIP.thumb.jpg.1ae50ffd356d54d1c6865ba857e98d01.jpgPeavey_402_sm.thumb.jpg.6302953acee5ab59ea013028ff1758ff.jpgIMG_0991_sm.thumb.jpg.5a036f1690054bb7e64f6dfb96e5a77f.jpg

@HPower thank you for the offer, definitely wouldn’t mind hearing the Lascalas and whatever else you happen to have set up. Do week days or weekends happen to work for you? I am in Niagara Falls so you’re about 2 hours from me. I don’t know if you’re able to DM on this forum or not but you could email me at class_audio@hotmail.com

14 minutes ago, MarkKrochuck said:

I don’t know if you’re able to DM on this forum...

If you mean direct message, yes. Click on a persons forum name and there is a message button. You will get a notification is someone sends you a message, or at the top of the page on the right, there is an envelope button. Click on that to show messages.

@HPower   Love the beater LS. I'll be getting mine painted this Spring. Still have some bracing to do on the cabinets. Then they should be going to my older son. After that I'll get the tops to go with my MWM bins.

Bruce

mwm_bins_at_home.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Studley,

I don't know if I still have his correct email address....  (it's 10 years old).  Are you able to get to Slough?  There is a fine chap there who's not only got a pair in his living room (unless something has changed) but he's helped import them for a couple others as well.  Another pair was in Norwich.

Hopefully his email is still good and he'll respond here (sent him a link to this thread).

Be good to hear from him.

If memory serves me, there is at least one other pair somewhere in the UK and I think there is (was?) a pair in Cologne Germany.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:11 AM, Studley said:

@ChrisA   I posted recently on your MEH thread on DIYA.  Any progress?

I haven't made much progress on the mold, but I've had a little progress elsewhere on the design--namely on the drivers (compression drivers and woofers that will work, and perhaps will cost a bit less), off-axis (woofer) port design, and box/alternatives to a box (open baffle).

I don't post on diyAudio any more due to its lack of effective moderation to control trolls and dark tetrad behavior.

Chris

• Like 2