KG 5.5 For Sale, Pair

SILVERSPIKE

Alright, here we go. I am relocating from Silver City, NM to Tampa, Fl and I have a pair of KG 5.5's for sale. I prefer local p/u. The speakers are Lt. oak and in good condition (pictures available on request). I am asking $500 firm; it should be noted that the speakers have Bob Crites crossover networks and titanium tweets, and have never been abused musically, so the cabinets have no issues with glue and separation. Talk to me. [:)]

in my experience...Crites crossover upgrades get you back in spec with higher quality parts than what came when new...as for the Titanium tweeter mods...every Klipsch speaker I have tried them in have benefited from a cleaner sounding higher end...I have tried them in Quartets, Chorus II, kg2s, kg4s, KG 4.5s and KG 5.5s...nice upgrade for the money...

Bill

The Crites upgrades are a worthwhile investment, especially the tweeters. For $60 shipped, u get a set of easily installed titanium domes that will give u a noticeable upgrade in the high end...sparkling horns and vocals, sharp and clear, highly recommended! The networks are a little more work and can be done in about 90 min with patience. The difference in the size of the boards and components is impressive, although the change in sound is not as noticeable as the tweeter upgrade. There is a definite improvement in the bass dynamic, the low end frequency has more impact and overall, a deeper bass. The networks are $225 + shipping. The networks include a board(with velcro tabs) that is best mounted in the bottom of the speaker cabinet and will upgrade your wiring from 18ga to 16 ga.

For my speakers, u are basically getting $275 worth of upgrades and a set of speakers for $225.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...