Thorens TD145

Guest Anonymous

Turbox,

That sounds like a good deal; if accurate.

I have been on a TT hunt for 6 months now; but still trying to find "the deal".

I do not see a cover in the pics....

For me; that would be important........

If you could inspect it and demo it before buying; that would be ideal.....

Happy Hunting!

It is a decent to good deal given the apparent condition I would not have a problen paying $250.00 for it especially with the tips. It is however as far as I can tell not a 145 but a TD160. The TD 160 is a vetter deck than the 145. Good luck and enjoy.

It is in fact a 145 however I am with Ironsave there is no mention of a cover. I bought one a few months back that was in mint condition and just serviced for $340. I dont think the aftermarket covers look the same as the original.

The photos show a TD145 and an ADC cart.

The bushing in the cart is probably shot from age, they may not be useable.

"The TD 160 is a vetter deck than the 145."

How so?

The 145 is a 160 with auto-lift and motor shut-off.

The 165 has a plastic inner platter, smaller spindle bearing, and uses a weight-on-a-wire anti-skate vs the magnetic on the other two.

Dennis you are right the TD145 is the auto version of a TD160. A little more complex than a bare bones 160. I was thinking of either the 146 or the 147 one has the plastic hub but I can't remember which and I thought it was the 145, my mistake. I just sold a 160 which looked just like the one inthe posted picture, nice decks. There is a ton of info on Thorens at the Analog Dept. see below

http://www.theanalogdept.com

I have a TD145 that looks identical but has a different arm and no wood trim. I used to own a 160 that looked just like this one. I think that's where the confusion lies. They are very similar. My 145 does have the auto-lift while the 160 did not.

They are nice sounding tables for the money. I spent $100 for mine but it now sits in the basement needing a new headshell & arm rewiring. Seems you always get what you pay for.

If anyone needs one for parts or wants to fix one up, shoot me a pm.

• 7 months later...