Lots of Newbies, What's up with that?

russ69

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn no trolls, some used to be pretty witty.

I learned allot here via dial up during the Regan administration.

No system profiles iritate me. Mine is never exactly current but I try. Hard to give a NEWBIE recomendations when you have zero idea where he came from in the path of elightenment.

• Moderators

Audiovox spies.

Well if that was even partly true, I would love to know what they thought about the thread about Klipsch being sold ? [:o]

Anyone can look back years and get a good idea of what the average opinion is here, and it has not really changed much even when many of the people here come and go.

There have been a whole bunch of new guys lately. Has anyone noticed? No avatar, no system profile, a few unusual questions but not obviously a troll. What's going on?

I think it is because it is winter and everyone is snowed in. [st][li]

Dennie

Consider myself a "Newbie" and try not to step on any toes. People on this site have been pleasant, helpful, and patient with me. Not enough knowledge for me to contribute much. Have asked some questions and recieved prompt, pleasant replies. Also new to posting on the internet. Don't know how to post an avatar, or list my equipment so it shows at the bottom of any posts. Did get overloaded with email when I first signed up and checked all the emal boxes. I don't even know how to post pictures yet. I have digital camera and would like to post some of my Vintage Marantz/Sansui if I knew how. I know others have newer and better, but I like the vintage recievers. Have 8-9 of them. I enjoy this site and check it regularly.

There have been a whole bunch of new guys lately. Has anyone noticed? No avatar, no system profile, a few unusual questions but not obviously a troll. What's going on?

some use translator programs so the grammar will look strange

others are bots that will post weird messages and spam and stupid things

most are probably new people that are scare of people with >1000 posts or even 10,000

I think it is because it is winter and everyone is snowed in. StormLightning

Not everybody, I rode my motorcycle on Monday.......

We hail from the same state Russ. Saturday and Sunday we had record high's of 76 and 74 degrees. [H]

I was refering to the rest of the country. [*-)]

Dennie

Also new to posting on the internet

That is what's up. There are a whole lotta audio enthusiasts out there that are intimidated by the internet and BSing about it on a discussion forum doesn't appeal to them.

They're lurking.....but to fill out system profiles etc. isn't important to them. Lurk on, my friends. [:D]

Well, as one of the relative newbs, when I try to update anything on my profile I get 404 errors. If you really give a crap, I own some Klipsch, a bunch of other speakers, a bunch of amps of all different flavors, a bunch of cd/dvd players, a couple turntables, an active crossover, and several pre-amps. I'm pretty homely, so please consider the generic profile avatar as a favor to you.

I'm w/ Coytee...it's the influx of folks who've only recently found out that Klipsch Heritage kicks ***. For any Audiovox spies, please take note of the interest in Heritage products. I hope the cinema/commercial division (i.e. Hope) is enough to keep Heritage kicking for a while longer.

• Moderators

People on this site have been pleasant, helpful, and patient with me. Not enough knowledge for me to contribute much. Have asked some questions and recieved prompt, pleasant replies.

You must have slipped through the cracks, since joining was so easy we probably should harass you now ? [;)]

Go to the "edit profile" thing at the top of the page where you sign in and play around in there for a while and try to put a pic of something, anything.

" but I like the vintage recievers. Have 8-9 of them. "

You must have not read the rules, 7 Vintage recievers are the limit you can have, but I can help you with that problem . [:o]

I consider myself a newbie. I have been lurking for six years now. This forum has kept my interest in audio, ( I bought my Khorns new in 78), even though I wavered in the 90's. I got new crossovers from this site (ALK), and led me to Juicy Music, then allowed someone else to own them after I moved to something else. I do check this site on a regular basis, some of you guys are so serious, I am not that smart or confratational. I need to post pictures of my room and my dogs, (Dtel gave me directions last year-Thanks). I hope Klipsch continues. I would like to do a Pilgramage to show how shallow I really am, I have relatives in Arkadelphia! Great sound is wonderful!

Ok rummy, I gotta know where in N TX? My original stomping grounds was Clarksville.

Some newbies might not be so new. Back in '06 I found that, after an email address change, I could not log on; forgot the logon info. I had to get a new account. Lost about 6-7 years of forumage under a different name.

Consider myself a "Newbie" and try not to step on any toes. People on this site have been pleasant, helpful, and patient with me. Not enough knowledge for me to contribute much. Have asked some questions and recieved prompt, pleasant replies. Also new to posting on the internet. Don't know how to post an avatar, or list my equipment so it shows at the bottom of any posts. Did get overloaded with email when I first signed up and checked all the emal boxes. I don't even know how to post pictures yet. I have digital camera and would like to post some of my Vintage Marantz/Sansui if I knew how. I know others have newer and better, but I like the vintage recievers. Have 8-9 of them. I enjoy this site and check it regularly.

Whatever you want to learn how to do here on the forum, JUST ASK and you will get the answers.

If you really give a crap, I own some Klipsch, a bunch of other speakers, a bunch of amps of all different flavors, a bunch of cd/dvd players, a couple turntables, an active crossover, and several pre-amps.

Your disease is probably further along than some of the newer posters. We've been getting a lot of the "I need a new amp" (receiver) questions and then you look and we don't know what speakers they have and whatnot. When we are trying to help, it helps if we know the bigger picture. Even if you have been in this hobby a long time other guys might be able to see something that you have missed so posting systems or at least telling us a little something about your system helps.

I've owned a bunch of stuff but it really doesn't tell us much about your current situation. And yes, we do really give a crap, lol!

I too am a newbie... better late than never right.

My “story”… I was a huge JBL guy until April 28, 2010 when I heard something new. I was out acquiring audio equipment for a sound system we were putting on top of our Hood to Coast van (whole other story I won’t bore you with). Anyway, I’m at a gentleman's house and every room has its own system. Some have everything (flatscreen 7.1) and others are just 2 channel but have 3 or 4 sets of speakers side by side. We pass his living room and Chains by Fleetwood Mac is playing. I love this song anyway but I had never heard it sound like this. I asked him, “what speakers are playing this song?”. He shows me his Chorus II’s. We spent at least an hour listening to various artists. Ever since that day, I have been looking for a pair of Chorus II’s. As you can see, I now have a pair of Chorus I's and Forte II’s. I search CL everyday. I hope to get an older Sansui Receiver this summer. I also like the looks of the 70's Pioneer receivers like the 1050 but some of you say it doesn’t sound as good as say a G-7000. Yes, I know that I should be on the look out for a SET tube amp (based on what I read on different forums) but quite frankly tube equipment intimidates me. I have no experience with it and they are expensive. I can get a SS for my budget range on CL, clean it up and if I don’t like how it sounds, normally sell it for what I paid for it. Yes, I could probably do the same with tube equipment but again, no knowledge/experience = more likely to get burned.

I appreciate and respect all of you more experienced audiophiles. I enjoy reading your posts and adding to my knowledge of the classic 2 channel gear. I agree, it would be tragic if the Audiovox changed what Klipsch has built up these past 50 years. I only take comfort in the fact that Klipsch speakers hold up over time and if patient, I can get them on the used market. Someday I will have Bob Crites upgrades to all my speakers, a 7.1 system using Forte II”s and some Khorns in my 2-channel man cave.