Quintets with other speakers for ctr and sub

middie8

Very new to h/t. I'm looking and researching but need help. I am looking to buy 4 quintets for the surround the scc1 for the center. havent decided on a sub. are the quintets best in their whole package or can i break them up? thanks in advance for any feedback.

middie8 - Is your primary interest in the Quintets for home theater, music, or a mix of both? I've read on this board that the Quints are very good on HT, but not as strong with music.

If you get the Quintets, you probably ought to get the complete set, including the Quintet center. Very important to have matching front soundstage. I think the suggested alternate center, if you cannot get the Quint center, is the SC-.5.

If you want a nice setup for music also, look at the System 6. See the info on it under the Synergy line on this website. It does well with music AND HT for only about $100 more than the Quints.

Get the 12" sub if you can swing it. You'll have more growth with it.

my primary interest is ht. i am thinking of the kenwood vr 407 for a receiver. i just found the quintet series with the four sats and the quintet center. i will probably buy them. price is an issue. i am trying to do this for not an arm and a leg but also know that you get what you pay for.i also have two other, older bose speakers. can i just hook them up and use them when i want to listen to music?

again thanks for your feedback.