Chorus II---good bye....Rf-7II--hello

ken kaczmarz

Changing my whole system (chorusII, academy, heresy 11 (x4)) to RF-7II, RC-64 ii, Rs-62ii, RB-81. Feelin a bit melancholy. Like getting rid of an old good friend. I am certain that I have spent at least 5-6 sold months of my life with these boys.

I need to take a picture of the ChorusII next to the RF-7II.

Sure hope I am not making a mistake. I am the king of buyers remorse. I already swapped my sides and the sound is much better, so I am very hopeful......but scared.

My room requires the side surround to be in the middle of the room. I have had a heresy there for 4 years. I did not fully appreciate how directional it was until i was standing in the middle of the room playing Kinect at X-mas time. so, i replaced the side surrounds with RS-62s...and i can hear a really big timbre mis match...and quite frankly, the sides sound better than the mains/center.....so I replaced the rest of them to match the sides.

Most expensive Kinect system Microsoft ever sold....

• Moderators

Most expensive Kinect system Microsoft ever sold....

No doubt. [;)]

i replaced the side surrounds with RS-62s...and i can hear a really big timbre mis match...and quite frankly, the sides sound better than the mains/center

Wow, your RS-62's sound better than your Chorus II's?

Changing my whole system (chorusII, academy, heresy 11 (x4)) to RF-7II, RC-64 ii, Rs-62ii, RB-81. Feelin a bit melancholy. Like getting rid of an old good friend. I am certain that I have spent at least 5-6 sold months of my life with these boys. I need to take a picture of the ChorusII next to the RF-7II. Sure hope I am not making a mistake. I am the king of buyers remorse. I already swapped my sides and the sound is much better, so I am very hopeful......but scared.

Are you going to hold off on selling the Chorus 2's until you get the 7's for a real A/B comparison? Can you take yours to a dealer and have a listen first?

For music, I think my Kg4s from 1985 sound better than my RF7s with DeanG modded crossovers. My brother had Chorus IIs and sold em to someone else (damn him!) or I wouldve bought them, as they sounded a lot better than my Kg4s.

For a home theatre environment (mivies), I think it will be a major step up. Let us know!

I remember listening to Phil Collins and Genesis on those Chorus IIs, bright horns and pounding drums, man they sounded great!

Could it be that your Chorus have tired crossovers? It is really surprising that people could like RS series

better than Chorus.. Also, trying matching surrounds and mains/centre should have helped.

In any case, have fun and let us know how you like your new system o/