Klipsch Image S4 - Logo fading?

cflores

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh why isn't paragraphing working for me T.T

Hi, I bought my Klipsch image s4 for about $98 like 3-4 months ago, immediately i compared them to my Phillips music with colours earphones which were $20, they sounded almost identical and phillips kind of sounded better and I started doubting them and thinking these were counterfeits. I emailed the seller and they said they bought it from an authorised dealer (wasn't very sure if it was true). Also left earphone was wayyy louder than my right one.

I bought the earphones from: http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Black-In-Ear-Headphones

The company that addicted to audio gave me as their distributor was "POWERMOVE DISTRIBUTION PTY LTD" and that company is listed in Klipsch's list of dealers for Australia.

I'm not really an audiophile but I like music that I listen to, to sound good. The reviews on like youtube and cnet say it's like soooo good and things like best under $100 earphones but mine aren't sounding like that. The logo started fading after about 2 weeks (not completely). Comparing them to my Phillips earphones now I feel that Klipsch has a lot more bass and is slightly clearer. When I compare my Klipsch earphones to my fake beats by dr dre (like $10) they almost sound the same, this shouldn't be the case right? cause they're fakes.

Also my plug at the end was straight, many of the reviews I saw on youtube had L shape plugs.

Do I have counterfeits?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am trying to decide whether my image S4s are counterfeit. I am 80% sure they are, since the Klipsch logo is fading and I bought it on amazon for $60. However in terms of sound quality, I cannot be sure, since I don't have any other decent headphones to compare with. So I tested using the frequency meter on this page: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html. I played the sounds at different frequencies and found that the sound in my earphones dies down beyond 4KHz and almost inaudible at 8KHz and above. As for the low frequencies, the sound level starts to decrease below 125Hz and I cannot hear anything below 45Hz. Klipsch image s4 specs says frequency response 10Hz-19KHz. It cannot be my ears audible range, since I played the sounds on my macbook pro's internal speakers, and I could hear 8 and 12KHz just fine.

So here is my request: Could somebody (with proper verified genuine image S4s) go to this website and verify the frequency response. DO NOT PLAY THE SOUNDS AT HIGH DECIBELS AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THEIR PAGE. Please let me know if you can hear 8KHz and above frequencies and 30Hz and below without changing the decibel level (most importantly whether the frequency response remains flat beyond these ranges, for mine its not)

Additionally, if someone with verified fake S4s could confirm my above findings, that would be helpful too.

I would be grateful if anybody could help me out, for it will allow me to decide for sure whether my earphones are fake.

Many thanks

I too have a question about the authenticity of my headphones. When I received them I thought, wow these dont sound so great my $20 Sony buds sound better. Then I started doing some research and came across this thread.

I purchased from Buy.com via reseller Sebago Trading.

They came in the blue cardboard packaging but with the L connector. In addition 3 sets of buds came in a plastic bag and they also came with the pick. The metal tin had a big dent in the bottom.

Is it possible to know if they are authentic or not from what I described above? Are they just old stock?

thanks

edit- somebody posted pics of an authentic pair, the inside has what looks like a mesh screen inside the tube. Mine do not.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am trying to decide whether my image S4s are counterfeit. I am 80% sure they are, since the Klipsch logo is fading and I bought it on amazon for $60. However in terms of sound quality, I cannot be sure, since I don't have any other decent headphones to compare with. So I tested using the frequency meter on this page: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html. I played the sounds at different frequencies and found that the sound in my earphones dies down beyond 4KHz and almost inaudible at 8KHz and above. As for the low frequencies, the sound level starts to decrease below 125Hz and I cannot hear anything below 45Hz. Klipsch image s4 specs says frequency response 10Hz-19KHz. It cannot be my ears audible range, since I played the sounds on my macbook pro's internal speakers, and I could hear 8 and 12KHz just fine.

So here is my request: Could somebody (with proper verified genuine image S4s) go to this website and verify the frequency response. DO NOT PLAY THE SOUNDS AT HIGH DECIBELS AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THEIR PAGE. Please let me know if you can hear 8KHz and above frequencies and 30Hz and below without changing the decibel level (most importantly whether the frequency response remains flat beyond these ranges, for mine its not)

Additionally, if someone with verified fake S4s could confirm my above findings, that would be helpful too.

I would be grateful if anybody could help me out, for it will allow me to decide for sure whether my earphones are fake.
Many thanks

Wouldn't something like this be simpler:

With my ebay (fake/real [*-)]) Klipsch S4 earphones i get 0.04 - 1.37

I too have a question about the authenticity of my headphones. When I received them I thought, wow these dont sound so great my $20 Sony buds sound better. Then I started doing some research and came across this thread.

I purchased from Buy.com via reseller Sebago Trading.

They came in the blue cardboard packaging but with the L connector. In addition 3 sets of buds came in a plastic bag and they also came with the pick. The metal tin had a big dent in the bottom.

Is it possible to know if they are authentic or not from what I described above? Are they just old stock?

thanks

edit- somebody posted pics of an authentic pair, the inside has what looks like a mesh screen inside the tube. Mine do not.

Dunno, i got my S4 for $21 on ebay and they do have the silver mesh thingy in them. so does the S4i that i got from a different seller (also on ebay). I believe the S4i used to have the L-shaped plug, but not the S4 (?) not certain....

Edit: A friend just brought around a pair of S4 earphones with the smooth nozzle that had been declared a fake by a klipsch rep in this: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/159153.aspx thread and it happens to have the silver mesh inside....[*-)]

• 5 weeks later...

Be very leery of buying off of ebay or unauthorized resellers on Amazon. Knock-offs are all too

common (from Klipschorns to headphones - this is not a new practice by any means), although we are working diligently to address the issue. The

best course of protection, as a consumer, is to always buy from an

authorized dealer.

Dear Amy,

Could you tell us what's the bottom thrustful price for S4i. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I bought my pair of s4's on amazon from Crawford's Superstore almost a year ago. They seem decent, no serious fading, they came in what looked like a legitimate blue box, 3 pairs of tips, including the ones on the earbuds themselves.

They came with a case that... Doesn't seem to have fared well, to say the least. I can send pics if you like. It seems like the finish rubbed off fairly quickly...

The earbuds themselves: On the left, the klipsch name looks almost untouched. On the right, it is faded, but only parts of the "psch". I can see scratches along both, but like I said, no fading on the left.

The connections where the wires go into the buds seem to be peeling. I'll post pics of this also, when I get the chance.

There is a straight plug, but the gold almost seems to be fading.

As for sound, I am a bit of a basswhore, but the balance doesn't seem off at all. Volume and EQ is equal in both buds.

Do I (More than likely, of course) Have fakes?

Also worth noting (I can't seem to find it right now...), they came with an instruction paper, with a dB table and warnings and stuff. No ChinEnglish, it seemed well written...

EDIT: Pics here: http://imageshack.us/g/214/1001618m.jpg/

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I accidentally found out the pair of S4i I bought yesterday is counterfeit one by reading these posts. I bought mine from a friend of my friends, which I never thought it could be a counterfeit, however, right after I open and try the pairs, I greatly dissappointed with the sound quality. It was totally not on par with all the reviews that I read, and when searching for reviews of bad experience, I found out mine to be counterfeit. I was very disappointed and still trying to get refunds from the seller. I also came to one authorised reseller to try how does genuine pair sound. The genuine is sooo much better than the counterfeit one, the sound is very clear, hi, mids are so good, bass very punchy, which are so different from the 'dark', muffy sound from the counterfeit. So I decided to buy a genuine pair and took a few photos to show what are visible differences between genuine and counterfeit. Hope you guys wont get a fake one and get so upset like me.

Pics are here:

Packaging

package box

Mark

User manual

Thinner

Shiny

Moreshiny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...