Klipsch Image S4 - Logo fading?

cflores

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmh... Judging from the time Amy is taking to post a reply to this thread, I'd say there's definitely something wrong with the (original) S4 series... Should the complaint be groundless, they'd immediately confirm it, which has not happened as of yet... Mmh, indeed...

Mmh... Judging from the time Amy is taking to post a reply to this thread, I'd say there's definitely something wrong with the (original) S4 series... Should the complaint be groundless, they'd immediately confirm it, which has not happened as of yet... Mmh, indeed...

I doubt that there is a problem with the original Klipsch S4.Problem is not only fading logo.Having carefully examined my noticed a few differences with genuine.I would describe them but it's hard with my bad English :-)

I also don't believe there is a problem with authentic S4s but with the counterfeits. When I bought mine from an ebay seller, I too would have been fooled if I didn't have my genuine S4s to compare them to. What I find sad is that at the time I informed the seller that he might be selling counterfeits, he had sold 98 including the pair he sold to me. I keep going back checking his feedback for the S4s he sold and all, except for one, rave about great sound and a terrific deal. The one nay also said they were counterfeits. To the sellers credit, after I told him about the dubious authenticity of his earphones, he apologized profusely, gave me an instant refund, paid to have them shipped back to him and pulled the listing. I don't think he knew and was probably as much a victim as the people he sold them to. Unfortunately, there are 96 other people who have probably been duped.

I doubt that there is a problem with the original Klipsch S4.Problem is not only fading logo.Having carefully examined my noticed a few differences with genuine.I would describe them but it's hard with my bad English :-)

• Moderators

Emphatically not the case. Details soon.

This happened to me also!!! I bought it from German amazon. The logo faded away after only 1 day use!! The sound is not so good even after 3 days' burn-in. Klipsch should give some indication of how to recognize a real s4i and a fake one. THANKS.

How you bought fake from German Amazon? I bought mine from ebay. I think Amazon is one of the authorized dealers and I would buy from them.I now refuse to buy from an online seller.Klipsch can't give some indication of how to recognize genuine and fake s4 because they have only genuine, but I think that they can donate a pair of genuine, so we can see the difference and enjoy the great sound :-)

I will try to show you the differences that I saw on my fake S4s:

1. When i opened the box, I noticed it came with 4 pairs of different ear tips of which 3 are in a plastic bag.The genuine come with 3 pairs of different ear tips of which 2 are placed directly in carrying case.

2.Differences in the logo on the back of the headphones.

post-50835-13819656479632_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Hi, I also noticed that the metal bar on my S4i is very thin, and there are 4 ear tips. I am not if this is their new design. Someone from Klipsch can comment on this?? Thanks. I am disappointed with the sound...

As posted in the other threads about this... We are investigating this currently. The best advice I can give right
now is to always purchase from an authorized Klipsch dealer, although I
know that doesn't help after the fact. If they do not sound good, they
are either defective or fake, and if you didn't purchase from an auth.
dealer, there is no manufacturer's warranty.

I wish I had better news. I will post our findings when our investigation is complete.

Hi, a straightword answer to all our concerns is whether the logo fades away quickly. In my case it faded away after 1-day use. I could not believe that Klipsch produces products with such low quality...

Or, does this just happened to be a design/production defect in the new S4/S4i?

Yes that would pretty much be my question too.. whether the logo fades away on an genuine Klipsch S4/S4i.. maybe atleast like just on few batches of the product.

I don't mind the logo fading off as long as I'm using an original Klipsch product. Just needed to know if I wasted my money on a piece of imitation.

I hav no way of knowing whether what I have are genuine coz this is the first time I paid for premium earbuds - and I really dont know like - what is a good standard against which I can compare the sound to... hmm..

• Moderators

I would suspect that a logo on a true Klipsch product would not fade on the first day of bringing it home (or within a reasonable time afterwards), no. I would be concerned about that, for sure.

That said, we are still investigating the issue. Please be patient as we sort out our findings.

I would suspect that a logo on a true Klipsch product would not fade on the first day of bringing it home (or within a reasonable time afterwards), no. I would be concerned about that, for sure.

That said, we are still investigating the issue. Please be patient as we sort out our findings.

Hi Amy. Thank you for having responded to the concerns expressed in this thread. Basically, it seems to me that almost everybody is complaining about the logo in the s4's fading away rather quickly after a very short time after being used (in some cases, within hours). Now, my impression is that this should not happen to the original, authentic (not fake) Klipsch earpieces, as you have conceded; not even after a rather long, reasonable time. Needless to say, we will all be waiting to know the findings of the investigation Klipsch is conducting about this issue.

I recently bought these pair on ebay for around $45 and noticed the fading logo occurred within a day or so. I messaged the seller and was fully refunded immediately. The following was the reply I got:

"If
you think there fake look up the serial number or call it in......they
will match out being sold to an authorized dealer. Now in regards to
the question of your Defective item I am more than willing to take care
of that problem.

There are currently two small recalls on this
product and one of them is that the protective top coat was not applied
to protect the logo on the headphones. You had absolutely no way of
knowing this so I am just saying throw them away. I have all ready ran
into three other pairs of these and talked to my supplier
already......since this puts me in an awkward position with my clients
my distributor is taking my word on these instances I run into.

I
know ebay and alot of products here have a bad rep but everytime you do
run into a defective pair it does not mean the item is fake. I will
refund your money shortly."

I'm not sure whether to believe the guy or not. With serials, isn't it just as easy to mass counterfeit from an original product? Anyways, I will also wait to hear the official rundown.

Same deal with me as the guy above. Here is the ebay sellers response I got, probably from the same ebay seller (phogel1):

"I just got off the phone with my supplier. He stated that there are currently two issues with this item being defective that have been floating around rarely.

First was that the left earphone is defective or that they forget to put a last protective coating over their logo on the headphones.....which sounds like you definitely fall into.

I explained how this is putting me into a tough situation with one of my customers and if he could just take my word for it that I have one of these and he explained it was fine. Do not worry about returning them because noone could of ever known this unless it was really true and he believes you without having to see the return.

I will refund your money in the next ten minutes."

I think this guy is full of it. After reading this forum, I am confident that the earphones I have are fake. My logo faded immediately, my bar is much thinner, and I got 4 ear tip sizes. And the sound is crap, which was an immediate indicator. I am confident that these are fake. If everyone is waiting on the klipsch lady's response, in the meantime I would advise to everyone that the ones that you have are fake. Appears to me that a mass amount of fakes have flooded the market, especially through ebay.

I'll probably shell out the 80 for the legit pair.

Hahahaha. YES. I have the exact same seller. I'm going to the mall tomorrow and just buy a pair at the Apple store or something.

Is your pair very bassy and doesn't hit any of the treble? Everything sounds hollow right? Kind of like being OUTSIDE of a nightclub or something.

Yep. There is no treble at all, and it just doesn't sound loud or clear. Bassy in a very bad way. Hollow sounds about right. There is no way that these are the earphones that amazon reviewers and cnet rave about. The problem is, I feel that I have to warn other ebayers about these counterfeit products - however the seller did refund my money instantly and I didn't have to ship the (fake) earphones back to him. I do not believe his story, and I think he's just a cheat. However, I don't feel I can leave him negative feedback since he gave me my money back hassle free. If the klipsch lady confirms that these are indeed fake, maybe I'll leave a neutral comment saying they are fake but he gave me my money back.