My Panasonic SA XR70...Initial Thoughts...

SilverSport

oh sure...but I no longer have any Klipsch (except the KHorns) that i can bi-wire...and the manual warns NOT to bi wire speakers with the regular 2 speaker posts...the XR55 I have on the way should allow this if I understand it correctly (and I usually don't...[;)] )...so...

Bill

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 55 has both a "bi-amp" and a "dual-amp" feature for two channel use. The bi-amp uses bi-wiring with the A and B speaker terminals to power the HF and LF. The dual-amp feature dedicates all of the amplifiers to the main speakers for increased power in two channel listening only.

I picked mine up a few years ago, based strictly on the buzz here on the forum. No question the best most pleasing audio bargain I've ever encountered.

Marty

...well...I picked up a mint XR55 to give a try...I can't hear (yet...just got it and still tweaking [;)] )...between the XR70 and the XR55...I do have the XR55 in Bi-Amp mode so all 7 amps are playing in digital 2 channel...

...as for the Bi-Amp mode on the older 6 channel XR70...I think I need to Bi-Wire to get it to Bi-Amp...or at least reading the owner's manual online I haven't been able to figure it out independently for this model...unlike the XR55, which can be operated independent of the Bi-Wire connection...

...I still say after several weeks of mostly listening to this combination (XR55/XR70 and Quartets)...with an occasional re listen to my EICO HF-81 and Klipschorns or the Nakamichi TA-2A and Chorus IIs these are a fantastic bargain and wonderful listening combination for digital CD pleasure...

I may even put my 2 channel retro receiver Outlaw Audio RR2150 on the block...

Bill