Computer Backup?

Boxx

• 2 months later...

I have been using Jungledisk, and am satisfied, but I only have experience with one other internet backup company. I licence workgroup users, and pay for each. I definitely like having a copy of critical files stored somewhere far away. External drives are great for having a duplicate, but what if lightning strikes and fries the drive and the internal hd? What if house burns down, or tsunami, both drives gone.

Carbonbite. Less than $60/year.

Carbon Bite? Fruedian slip? :)

Possibly. I hadn't noticed the typo. I hate it when someone says, "Your slip is showing."[;)]

Carbonite backs up on the fly in the background. I've been pleased with it, but I've not yet tried to recover any backed-up files.

for $60 i'll drive to your house and press copy to external hard drive for you....

Will you do it within seconds of creating or changing a file and save it to an off-site location to avoid fire, flood, etc.? Also, Carbonite doesn't ask for a drink or to use the restroom.[:)]

for $60 i'll drive to your house and press copy to external hard drive for you....

Will you do it within seconds of creating or changing a file and save it to an off-site location to avoid fire, flood, etc.? Also, Carbonite doesn't ask for a drink or to use the restroom.Smile

will you have a cold beer waiting? [H]