Anyone use KSB 1.1 speakers outside?

Tim_in_NC

I have several pairs of these little guys ... love the sound that the small package produces ...

Was thinking of mounting a pair or two of these outside, facing down as they have a front port ... There use to be a set just like these that was produced with a plug for the port, to make them more outdoor friendly ...

I may or may not make plugs for these ... not sure if even needed as most new outdoor speakers don't have port plugs ...

Anyone using these outdoors with success from the elements ???

THANKS

• Moderators

I don't think any of the normal house speakers would hold up. If they were under the overhang of the house even dampness would eventually get to them. You could try to coat them with some DIY truck bed liner to keep out the dampness or something to keep out any moisture. Just a guess, I have no idea ? [:o]

The exterier housing for the KSB 1.1's is ABS ... They look and seem to be made of the same material as some of the newer "outdoor" speakers produced ...

Here are good links ...

KSB 1.1 Specs >>> http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/ksb-1-1-specifications/

&

Outdoor Klipsch from 2004 Specs >>> http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kho-7-specifications/

Both use Poly Cone Woofers, Silk Dome Tweets, and are ABS enclosures ...

• Moderators

I didn't know that, I thought they were wood boxes. If I were you I would try it then. Just try to mount them underneath an overhang.

If possible try to mount them where they can be taken down if you have a long season where you would not use them.