RC-64 with RF-7's

wstanger

Well I did it again. I am picking up a pair of Maple RF-7's I could not pass up on Saturday. I know the RC-7 is correct center but how would a RC-64 or RC-64II be with these? Is anybody using 64 with 7's and if so what are your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Well I did it again.

From one William to another, you are out of control.[:-*]

I know the RC-7 is correct center but how would a RC-64 or RC-64II be with these?

Seriously, the RC-7 is ideal but I think the RC-64II(1.75 in tweeter also) might work just as well and maybe even better. One thing, no maple finish if that even matters.

Hey, your missing some Heritage in that great collection.

Bill

Willand,

I was thinking I was getting a little carried away too! Thanks for confirming lets hope the wife doesn't figure this out.

I will add some Heritage in the future

thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning

Bill

Hey Bill,

I've read on a couple of threads around here that the 64 (original) sounds very, very good with 7's that have the "DeanG" xover mod. Apparently, they are a very close match to each other at that point.

Don't know if Dean is still doing his xover mods (I really hope he is, I plan on getting them on my new cherry 7's!), but it's worth looking into.

I was originally looking for a pair of RF-7 to go with a rc-64ii that i already had. I really wanted to compare them to see how they would match. Unless a rc-7 was for sale locally to me i would strongly consider getting a rc-64ii. Maybe look for a comparison between the rf-7 and rf-7ii where the reviewer is not necessarily looking for a winner or critiqueing differences, but comparing similarities.

I think that's a great question and tried to get an answer here: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/145056.aspx?PageIndex=3

I realize that this is linked to an old thread but am curious how the RC-64II would mate with a pair of RF-7s and if it's an even better match than its predecessor, the RC-7? Hmm {Note: Mr Phillips is talking about the original RC-64}

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/78287.aspx?PageIndex=2

Having spent 3 months with beta Ref IV up front I had the chance to A/B my RC-7 to the RC-64.

My front end is RB-75's, I now have the RC-64, the blend across the front is now seamless. With the RC-7, I could tell the difference and had noticed it before the RC-64 even came out...

It sure would be nice to hear someone who had an RC-7 in the middle of RF-7s chime in with their impressions of either the RC-64 or newer version...

Falconjet compared reference centers with 7's, requires thread search....I ain't up to it tonight.

It sure would be nice to hear someone who had an RC-7 in the middle of RF-7s chime in with their impressions of either the RC-64 or newer version...

Falconjet compared reference centers with 7's, requires thread search....I ain't up to it tonight.

Thanks. I saw that one but remember they thought that a Deang'd RF-7 sounded like an RF-83 and (if I remember correctly) had the center channels between RF-83s.

I don't think the RC-7 is an exact timber match anyway (meaning it does not sound like you have 3 exact speakers) Mine is a Dean mod RC-7 AND RF-7s but I'll bet the RC-64 will be just as good.

Hey rock, I am not purposefully being argumentative and have my own speculations, but basing an opinion on either one of our hunches is easy but real world experiences would be appreciated. [8-|] My side of the argument is that Klipsch actually designed the original RC-7 to go with the RF-7 and the RC-64II design is more in line with 2011 monitors (we used to call them TV's) and was voice-matched to the newer RF-7IIs...

That being said, I heard the RF-83/RC-64 and though it sounded nice, felt they were warmer than my RF-7/RC-7 and wouldn't think the RC-64 (original) would be the ideal match. I guess what I am curious about is that with each of us is scarred by our own front soundstage would any of us benefit from "upgrading" our center channel and if so which one?