K69 on 402 or 510 and why?

Coytee

You should contact Roy at Klipsch.  That's how you get them.

By the way, you can't buy just a horn.  You will be getting a driver on it, and the support structure, and it will run around $2K or more for a pair of 402s.

I got my 510s off this forum.

The complete tweeter assembly (with horn) is part # 128021 ….. DE-75-8P COMPRESSION ….. 517.50 (plus shipping and tax).

The horn only is part # 131027 ……. K-510 HORN ONLY …….. 65.00 ea (plus shipping and tax).

???

By the way, you can't buy just a horn.  You will be getting a driver on it, and the support structure, and it will run around $2K or more for a pair of 402s.

This has also been my understanding.

Mine as well, I doubt they will sell you just the horn. regardless or what a price list says. lets not forget they are a business and are tyring to turn a profit. I see little motivation in them selling you a horn if your just going to put a different driver on it. Just my 3.5dB

Edited by Turbox

The complete tweeter assembly (with horn) is part # 128021 ….. DE-75-8P COMPRESSION ….. 517.50 (plus shipping and tax).

The horn only is part # 131027 ……. K-510 HORN ONLY …….. 65.00 ea (plus shipping and tax).

???

Who sells for $65 each? Can Klipsch direct sales, or is that through an authorized cinema dealer?

Also, what about the 402?

Edited by mustang guy

???

If you own a movie theater, and needed a replacement for one of your several horns you have purchased.  I am sure Klipsch will sell to a Klipsch pro dealer.  But to us, that might want to build our own costume speaker, probably not.  I think the best thing is to drop the cash and call Roy or W.C. for a horn/driver combo. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bet in 10 years we can just print one (without drivers).

And that is no joke....

10 years? How about today! This is completely within the realm of possibility.

Check this out. A company named Local Motors is 3D printing the very first car. The Strati. I just now read about it in my Popular Science issue.

http://bgr.com/2014/09/14/local-motors-strati-3d-printed-car/

Edited by mustang guy

What is the low frequency response of the 402?  (What is the Fc and what is the lowest frequency that it should go (I assume 1/2 octave higher than the Fc)?

About 150 Hz or slightly lower.  It's the same horn as the KPT-305-MF horn that is designed to be crossed at 300 Hz.  The practical limitation is the compression driver attached.

Edited by Chris A

What is the low frequency response of the 402?  (What is the Fc and what is the lowest frequency that it should go (I assume 1/2 octave higher than the Fc)?

About 150 Hz or slightly lower.  It's the same horn as the KPT-305-MF horn that is designed to be crossed at 300 Hz.  The practical limitation is the compression driver attached.

That box looks like it would be simple to build.

It looks like the directivity index (DI) of 8 dB is only good to 200 Hz, so I'd guess that the horn's fc is about 200 Hz, but the -3dB point is 150 Hz.