K69 on 402 or 510 and why?

Coytee

What is the low frequency response of the 402?  (What is the Fc and what is the lowest frequency that it should go (I assume 1/2 octave higher than the Fc)?

About 150 Hz or slightly lower.  It's the same horn as the KPT-305-MF horn that is designed to be crossed at 300 Hz.  The practical limitation is the compression driver attached.

Crossed my K402's at 300 Hz. with the k1133

• 1 month later...

I made an inquiry to him regarding this (and Cornman's driverless purchase)  He said that Klipsch put the quibbs on any dealer selling a horn lens alone.

That said....  if this becomes a group buy, would it be for the newer 510 with mumps?  If so, I might have an interest for one (preferably without driver)  I've already got two spare K69's

Side note....  does anyone know 100% if the 510 with mumps is a drop in replacement for the cutout size of the 510 without mumps? (hole size)

I made an inquiry to him regarding this (and Cornman's driverless purchase)  He said that Klipsch put the quibbs on any dealer selling a horn lens alone.

Knowing of the "no driverless purchase of horn" rule that has been around for a while now, I just assumed that Cornman was able to pull it off because he bought the bass bins with the 12" drivers too. B)

That said.... if this becomes a group buy, would it be for the newer 510 with mumps? If so, I might have an interest for one (preferably without driver) I've already got two spare K69's

Side note.... does anyone know 100% if the 510 with mumps is a drop in replacement for the cutout size of the 510 without mumps? (hole size)

I don't know if they are a drop-in replacement; however, I wouldn't mind a pair of horns with a good case of the mumps. :o

Knowing of the "no driverless purchase of horn" rule that has been around for a while now, I just assumed that Cornman was able to pull it off because he bought the bass bins with the 12" drivers too. B)

That said.... if this becomes a group buy, would it be for the newer 510 with mumps? If so, I might have an interest for one (preferably without driver) I've already got two spare K69's

Side note.... does anyone know 100% if the 510 with mumps is a drop in replacement for the cutout size of the 510 without mumps? (hole size)

I don't know if they are a drop-in replacement; however, I wouldn't mind a pair of horns with a good case of the mumps. :o

Wow, I had no ideal my purchase was anything out of the norm. On deciding to purchase the Jub's & K402's I had already made up my mind I wanted to start out with the Tad drivers, even though I had not heard them but  based on the reviews from this forum I knew that was what I wanted. Luckily that very week Coytee had a pair of the Tads on the garage . Lucky me :)

Cornman

That said....  if this becomes a group buy, would it be for the newer 510 with mumps?  If so, I might have an interest for one (preferably without driver)  I've already got two spare K69's

Side note....  does anyone know 100% if the 510 with mumps is a drop in replacement for the cutout size of the 510 without mumps? (hole size)

I have 2 510's with the "mumps" and 5 without. They look to be the exact same size, and have the same hole patterns. without getting out my measuring tape, I think its would be an exact fit.

In my case, I already have two extra K69's laying around.  Interestingly, if I could get them with a K1133, it might pique my intrigue.  (so I could later swap the 1133 to the K402 and put my K69's on the 510 for a traditional 3-way setup.  I don't much care to get yet another K69.

• Like 1

In my case, I already have two extra K69's laying around.  Interestingly, if I could get them with a K1133, it might pique my intrigue.  (so I could later swap the 1133 to the K402 and put my K69's on the 510 for a traditional 3-way setup.  I don't much care to get yet another K69.

More or less what he said.