RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

You Call :)...I did not have my rear feet connected at first so I was going to take the front feet off but they were hard to turn to take off. So I ended up putting rear feet on speakers. Can't exactly remember how front was attached with a screw you can actually grab onto or if you can even remove them. I would check again but I have the spikes on quarters and sometimes if I move the speaker they roll off the quarter and sometimes it is hard to line up again.

How do i know these things browning? I am finding out two things about my system after finally getting some chances to jam some music. #1 my room is way too small to take advantage of the rf-7ii. Flagship need a room the size of youthmans. #2 My sub can really dig low, deep and consistant. I am only listening to streaming pandora but some moment really surpise me with how clear this guys can sound.

It is true i would say your room is about the perfect size. Would be fun to try to fill a room with these things instead of turning them up and then right back down because they are too loud. I did move my chair to the far end of the wall and that improved sound quite a lot. I find i am enjoying my subwoofer more than ever before for some reason. I watched tron legacy tonight and there is something special about this movie. Not perfect by any means but for any home theater enthusiast there is something very special here

my living room is beside an eating area so the total of the 2 room's is about 16"x 30 . So i can really crank the sound up, and the RF 7II have no problem with filling the 2 rooms up. I would'nt suggest to going in the living room though, way too loud.

• 4 weeks later...

Browning must be like one seemless wall of sound. MMM..makes you think , maybe your on to something. I posted pics in the "lets see YOUR hometheater thread.

Like i said WALL OF SOUND... sounds good to me

Dragon Slayers...[Y]

Anyone know where the 7IIs are built? I've heard rumor of China, but always thought the Reference line were made in Hope.

The rf-7ii and the rc-64ii are built here in hope. I believe the rest are built (in the reference line) in china but the 7s I know for sure are built here.

Anyone know where the 7IIs are built? I've heard rumor of China, but always thought the Reference line were made in Hope.

The rf-7ii and the rc-64ii are built here in hope. I believe the rest are built (in the reference line) in china but the 7s I know for sure are built here.

I'll sleep alittle better tonight now. Not that there is anything wrong with "made in China" (I did enjoy the Swan speakers I once had), but Klipsch and USA are what I've come to expect.

I'll sleep alittle better tonight now. Not that there is anything wrong with "made in China" (I did enjoy the Swan speakers I once had), but Klipsch and USA are what I've come to expect.

Well I’ve had lots of the china built speakers too (klipsch reference) and I must have liked them or I don’t think I would have ever spent the money I spent on the ones built here. But I must say one looks like it’s built on a huge factory line and the other looks almost hand crafted.

In your opinion, is the Yamaha aventage a3000 good enough to cleanly rock the Klipsch front stage?

I use the a1000 on 82II"s, plenty power with dual subs.I'd say the 3000 would be ok with 7's, you can always add an amp if needed.

Hello Everyone. I recently purchased my RF-7IIs but still need a avr and a sub. I noticed many of you have Yamaha paired with them. Is there a reason why you chose it over an Audyssey avr as it seems to be the popular choice? My new speaker next to my old Jamo e660 (little dusty). Also, you may notice the little scratch on the RF7ii. Yeah, I got them replaced straight from Hope, AR.

post-46724-13819641521486_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone. I recently purchased my RF-7IIs but still need a avr and a sub. I noticed many of you have Yamaha paired with them. Is there a reason why you chose it over an Audyssey avr as it seems to be the popular choice? My new speaker next to my old Jamo e660 (little dusty). Also, you may notice the little scratch on the RF7ii. Yeah, I got them replaced straight from Hope, AR.

Is that the ones they sent you? With the scratch on it?

No i think they replaced those ones for him. I want to post more pics of my rf-7ii when i get my system a little more complete. e2g seeing those jamo makes me think of these. My mom was always getting after me about how she wanted me to hook her up with a pair of speakers so i gave her these for the time being. I sort of want to get them back for some 2 channel. I believe they have like 2 12'' woofers inside opposing each other. They supposedly handle well with 400 wpc amps. By the way these ones are not ours we have black ones.

post-42346-13819641523436_thumb.jpg

No, these are the original ones, They replaced those above with a different pair without any scratches (there was one scratch but it was on the bottom, almost underneath the speaker).

No, these are the original ones, They replaced those above with a different pair without any scratches (there was one scratch but it was on the bottom, almost underneath the speaker).
You going to post some pics of the good ones?

Guest davidness

If I were buying an AV receiver with pre-outs, I'd buy the Yamaha RX-A3000.
I REALLY like the built web-browser (browser, iPhone, iPad) controllability.
The only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did is AirPlay compatibility.

I own the previous generation Yamaha RX-Z7 and Klipsch RF-7's, using the
pre-outs to drive them using a tube amp. I LOVE it!

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/

post-38614-1381964157269_thumb.png