RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

If I were buying an AV receiver with pre-outs, I'd buy the Yamaha RX-A3000.
I REALLY like the built web-browser (browser, iPhone, iPad) controllability.
The only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did is AirPlay compatibility.

I own the previous generation Yamaha RX-Z7 and Klipsch RF-7's, using the
pre-outs to drive them using a tube amp. I LOVE it!

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/

Do you prefer YPAO over Audyssey XT32 or you don't really care? One of the reasons I have looked elsewhere.Then again, I have a 567 to see if I like the YPAO with my RF-7ii (they are hooked up to my Jamo e660 right now)

Guest davidness

Do you prefer YPAO over Audyssey XT32 or you don't really care?

I've only used YPAO, and it seems to do the job nicely and without too much fuss. I perform the ypao frequently whenever I change out tube amps & tubes.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved my rc-64ii out of the way to make a little more room for components since i am just doing 2.0 system right now. Not much to the picture just thought i would share. I may be moving my system into a bedroom ( i guess you can call it a dedicated theater room [;)]) so i am really considering making or buying some room treatments. My budget is limited though as i still need a pre/pro , amplifier and matching surrounds.

post-42346-1381965626507_thumb.jpg

yeah whats up with the kids' glove remark

Just googled to investigate origin. Came up with this.

http://ephemera.typepad.com/ephemera/2009/03/handle-with-kid-gloves.html

Meaning of Handle with Kid Gloves

Kidgloves According to the Straight Dope, a newspaper column dedicated to fighting ignorance since 1973, the expression to "handle with kid gloves" comes directly from the actual article, such as those produced by kid glove makers like the Parisian Kid Glove Mfg. Co.ir?t=ephemera-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B001TL2PS4, whose handbill is featured in today's post.

The Straight Dope says, "kid gloves were made from the skin of a young goat or lamb or similar. Such gloves were softer and finer than gloves made from harder leathers, and so became a symbol of elegance and gentility in the early 1800s. The term 'handle with kid gloves' thus means to be very gentle or tactful." According to The Oxford English Dictionaryir?t=ephemera-20&l=as2&o=1&a=0198611862, the term was first used in that sense in the 1830s. The ad Parisian ad featured here was created in the 1870s, so the term was already in wide use when this appeared.

Bill

Bill that looks like a nice processor, again i would buy that if it was local to me. I just turned down a good deal on upa-5 (the amp i am after, if anyone has one they are intersted in selling please pm me) because i did not want to deal with it being shipped from california. My guess is that i will find a 5 channel amp locally and then find a pre/pro online like the one you mentioned. I am really treating my system with kid gloves right now [:P] . I am enjoying how simple my system is but do miss that immersive surround sound

• Moderators

Thx for the explanation Bill. Never heard that phrase before. I've heard of using "white gloves", just not "kids gloves". My kids hands are usually dirty so I don't want them handling my speakers anyways. LOL