RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Well got them all setup tonight , found one small nic on the front top edge that could be touched up

really easy I called them up they said they would send me a new one , I told them I would keep it if they would credit my account

they asked for a picture and asked me how much ?

DSC_0074.jpg

Well got them all setup tonight , found one small nic on the front top edge that could be touched up

really easy I called them up they said they would send me a new one , I told them I would keep it if they would credit my account

DSC_0074.jpg

Looks very nice how does it sound so far?

Can anyone tell the B Stock Cherry 7s from the regular 7s? I know they are darker than the speakers on the Klipsch site but they ALL are darker. I haven't seen a pair of light cherry 7s yet and I've seen A stock and B stock. Just confused...maybe I'm blind. But congrats on those deals everyone and welcome to the 7 family. You guys will def enjoy them. And yes....lift some weights and carry those speakers yourself. I had to swap my 82s and 7s by myself! It probably was the Old Spice that I put on before I moved them. Made me feel like a manly man that could do anything! LOL. But on a serious note it is easier to move speakers in the boxes. everyone has their methods... I hadn't thought about sliding. I usually just walk mine....even going up steps walking them is pretty easy. Should work even in the narrow hallway......you guys are def better than me bc I would be chomping at the bit to get everything out and hooked up!

The B-stocks that I purchased look identical to the RF-7 II's on the Klipsch web site.

DSC_0074.jpg

YEAH!!! Looks great!!

orrb_05

if you don't mind, can you describe the look of the grain in the b stock?

over the phone with a klipsch rep i was told there were imperfections in the grain that made the look of the speakers mismatch from speaker to speaker and also mismatched on the single speaker as well. is this consistent with yours?

also when you refer to the website speaker do you mean the larger photo with the lighter shade of tan or the reddish swatch below?

thanks

b

Klipsch RF-7II, RC-64II,

$2999 Delivered

888-224-3663

Best Regards

Mike Embers

Yup... Dark cherry. They are B grade because color. Not condition. Mine are perfect. The price is something u need to negotiate. Not sure why someone would pay sticker price.

Jason you got yours? You got them hooked up yet? Let’s see

some picsBig Smile

Well sorta. They are in. But they r in my garage (climate controlled) and out of the box's. However I don't trust my weakling wife to help bring them to the man cave. My rf63's need to be brought up as well so that I also don't trust her to help me with. When I can get Brunt to cone help me then I'll set them up and of course update my thread with pics. I was able to get my surrounds put up today. Mounted the brackets and the speaks. Ran the wire and gave them a whirl. Only with jackass 3 so not really a good test! Lol

I'm running Brunts old polk's for now until I decide I need klipsch back there. The polks do sound great in all channel stereo so it's hard to drop another $600 on rb61ii's right now.

You get them out of your garage yet?

orrb_05 if you don't mind, can you describe the look of the grain in the b stock? over the phone with a klipsch rep i was told there were imperfections in the grain that made the look of the speakers mismatch from speaker to speaker and also mismatched on the single speaker as well. is this consistent with yours? also when you refer to the website speaker do you mean the larger photo with the lighter shade of tan or the reddish swatch below? thanks b

Both speakers match and they match the RC-64II as well. On one speaker I can tell where the laminate is seemed, but it is book-matched so the grain pattern mirrors itself on both sides of the seem. They really are flawless to my eyes, and that's refreshing, because that tells me that Klipsch have VERY high standards!!

Below is the swatch from the website. My RF-7II's are not a match to this; there is more grain and its much darker - my RSW-15 matches this perfectly. The original cherry RF-7's were matched to this as well. The RF-7II's on Klipsch's website do not match this either - they are darker; there is more grain and the grain is darker than the swatch. Still look good IMO...

The price difference did not justify the A or B differential for me. Mine were not refurbs or returns and I cannot find the aesthetic glitch that is suppose to exist. Not sure why some folks get scared off when Klipsch B-stock are mentioned???? Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at, or looking for. I know they sound better than the Klipsch Classic RF-7 Dark Cherry models I parted with in order to get them. They look good, and my friends have never said "hey, those look and sound like B-stock speakers to me". Why...because they don't know and cannot tell the difference [;)]

My RC-64II did arrive with a cracked grill - this was rectified by the dealer (who are great by the way) - and there was some glue, at least I assumed it was glue, on one end. It wiped right off and there were no issues with the laminite that I could identify.

post-45015-13819659512352_thumb.jpg

Im reading quite a few horror stories about speakers arriving damaged. How were your rf7ii's shipped? Fedex? UPS? Mine were sent on a pallet and dropped via a lift truck in my garage. pretty sweet I will say. Damage free.

Mine were delivered by freight and strapped to a pallet - shipping was free!!! Damage was free...err damage free!!