RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Ever wonder what the new rf-7ii looks like side by side with the old rf-7. Wow they make them look small. Surprise

I also didn't realize that the RF-7IIIs were that much taller given that the RF-7 weighs 3 lbs more. Fwiw, we had a 3" obstacle to get over to make my front left speaker a the perfect position so we raised both by that much.

Right now we have RF-3s raised 10" as side surrounds (to get at close the same height as the RF-7s) and may be able to get an additional set of RF-7s to replace them...Btrw, have any of you had a chance to mix and match either RF-7s or RC-64iis together? I am also curious how the new line up would play having either RF-7s or RB-75s as side and/or back surrounds...

• Moderators

From what I have been told Klipsch is using a different type of magnet in the ii series which is lighter than those used in the Ref IV series.

The magnet in the RF-7's are pretty beastly. I was impressed at the size and weight of the driver and magnet. It's no wonder it pounds.

RF-7-Woofer5.jpg

RF-7-Woofer4.jpg

RF-7-Woofer2.jpg

RF-7-Woofer3.jpg

The old rf7 has odd looking feet as well. To me Klipsch hit the mark when they made the RF series IV feet. those before and those since just don't do it for me.

I think they both look great. I will say plastic feet on a

90lb speaker wouldn’t be my first choice though. The gold metal on the feet is

a nice touch imo. They need to be put up on spikes if you have carpet or they

will just sink down in the carpet and look stupid.

post-50231-13819662660384_thumb.jpg

Those do look very nice yoth. It looks like the tv shielding

on them adds a good ¼ inch of size and weight around it as seen on the last pic

you posted. (Very beefy though for

sure). Do you have two pairs in the house? I see you have a set listed in your 2

channel. And your son has a pair as well?

Think I remember youth saying he gave those to his son and got rid of the KLF-20s???

• 2 weeks later...

HI All !

This is my first post, i'm so happy to join this amazing group of RF 7ii owners.

i'm drooling over my keyboard going through people's specs and pictures!!!

I am too looking froward to obtain my set of the flagship reference the RF 7ii, RC 64ii, RS 62ii and RB 61ii.

But i have second thoughts if i should because in my country there are no flagship reference to hear at

stores, saying that they are too expensive for people to afford and they only import on special order :(

(it means unless you buy).

I really think they are the best speakers for me as i am an Home theater audiophile.

so my question is for all of you how can, can you PLEASE post a video of you speakers performance

playing your favorite movie clip or music???

There's not even one normal video on you tube that display their capabilities :(

I know i have to hear them in real life but come on!! i'm not going to travel to another country just to hear them

don't you agree? so PLEASE, pretty PLEASE i'm in dire need of hearing your system.

Thanks,

Mickey.

@ tkdamerica

thanks! [:D]

First: i'm from Israel.

second:You may have not read or understand my entire post, as i clearly stated that i'm aware that a youtube video is not a substitute for a real life listening BUT i have no other means to listen to them. I am clearly NOT looking for a gimmick video of watching a closeup on woofers bounce for a stupid bass packed scene. i just want to assure my thoughts without basing my self only on written reviews!! If i'll listen to several videos it will aid me to come to a decision. Its o.k. if you don't feel like posting a video.

What Lagolas needs if for someone to record a clip of something playing on their RF-7 IIs and then to send their speakers to him so he can listen to the clip on the RF-7s to make a decision.LOL

Lagolas I know what you mean, even here in Ohio the closest place I could find with the RF-7IIs that I could demo was hours away and I didn't want to drop that kind of money without hearing them first. Sometimes you just have to go for it, that's what I did.

@ tkdamerica thanks! Big Smile First: i'm from Israel. second:You may have not read or understand my entire post...

It is amazing to me that so many people are ordering speakers without hearing them based ONLY on written recommendations. [:o] That means I have probably sold more RF-7s than the people who actually SELL RF-7s!

On that note, I must tell you that I found the Dead Sea Scrolls the most profound find of the Twentieth Century and that is one written record that is fascinating. Anyway, good luck on your Speaker search and fwiw, I have enjoyed my Home Theater listed below for over 8 years without feeling the need to upgrade.

Lagolas I know what you mean, even here in Ohio the closest place I could find with the RF-7IIs that I could demo was hours away and I didn't want to drop that kind of money without hearing them first. Sometimes you just have to go for it, that's what I did.

I am not sure what you are saying, but with all due respect you had a "For Sale" thread started before you even received your speakers. [:S]

So your saying that i should just buy them or take the first flight to U.K. and listen to them? only the cost of doing so will cost as much as buying them.[:|]

Would it kill you to post a simple video? its not that complicated. i'm just asking if someone will be kind enough to post a video, without any remarks that involve me leaving my family and wasting so much money?[:S]