RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

I forgot to mention that I'm a cheapskate so getting custom stained rf-7ii is out of the question. I am going with the b stock pair to save some $. I got my stand on craigslist for less than half of what it cost new. I think I will just go with the cherry and see how it looks next to my stand. If it looks ridiculous then I will decide what to do. My wife is the one who is saying, "That will look so ugly" (Cherry next to the espresso). She wants me to get the black but I want something different this time. My black 83s were great but the wood on the cherry finish looks awesome.

Thank you guys for all the input! It's nice to hear other people's opinions.

You could always build you a stand and have it any color you want.

I suppose I could but I allready have this great BDI stand. I really love my stand. Plus I don't really have an ideal place to do something like that right now. We are in a temporary home right now and will most likely be there another year or so. I think if it ends up looking weird I am going to stain the rf-7iis espresso. I know it will decrease the resale value but I will have them for at least 5 years before something else comes out that I have to have. If and when that time comes I will definitely need so pointers on staining. I will be scared to do that to a new set of speakers but it would look really nice imo.

I've had my RF-7 II system for about 3 months now after replacing my previous system that consisted of 4 Altec Model 19s (had them for 35 years) and a Klipsch RC-7 center channel. The model 19s were essentially home versions of the Voice of the Theater speakers and weighed 160 lbs each so I am used to a large powerful sound. Overall I'm pretty impressed with the sound quality and "punch" these speakers deliver with a much smaller cabinet. I'm using some fairly large amps plus a powered sub with pretty good results. The room is 20 x 40 (in the basement) but I'm setup in roughly a 20 x 20 portion. I have the RC-64 II center speaker on order so I will be selling the RC-7 soon. I also had a smaller Klipsch suround system in my family room (Synergy) and a Academy center but a remodel and expansion of that room required me to sell them. Amazing story on the 4 Altec Model 19s (you may want to google them to see what they look like). I sold them to someone in Vietnam for almost double what I paid for them. Imagine being the buyer shipping 4 speakers to Vietnam with a total weight of 640 lbs. Simply Amazing!

After about a year with the rf-7ii I still have zero complaints.

And really just looking at my set up the klipsch speakers are probably the only

parts I can really say that about. As much as I like most of the other pieces they

all seem to have 1 or two things I could nitpick. But the rf-7ii, rc-64ii and the rs-62ii are

just amazing at what they do. [:D]

• 2 weeks later...

Sold my 5.5's and got my bonus check, called acoustic sound design and got grade B cherry rf-7 II's for $1,999 shipped to my door. Should be here by Friday, I'll take pictures then.

Congrats!!! I am going to order mine very soon. Still debating on color. Definitely post pics when you get them set up. I like the darker color of the cherry b-stock but they don't have any more RC-64iis in the b-stock so they wouldn't match. I may just end up going with black

Hi,

I'm new here too. Also purchased by RF-7II's from www.acousticsounddesign.com after shopping around for the best price. I've had them a month now...went with black. I had no idea how heavy they were until the delivery truck arrived. But that made me feel even better about getting free shipping ;-).

It's great reading everyone's experience and knowing I made the right purchase. I'm certainly sold on having a two channel setup personally, but it's interesting reading about all the different ways these speakers can be enjoyed.

Hope to post pictures soon.

Hi,
I'm new here too. Also purchased by RF-7II's from www.acousticsounddesign.com after shopping around for the best price. I've had them a month now...went with black. I had no idea how heavy they were until the delivery truck arrived. But that made me feel even better about getting free shipping ;-).

It's great reading everyone's experience and knowing I made the right purchase. I'm certainly sold on having a two channel setup personally, but it's interesting reading about all the different ways these speakers can be enjoyed.

I keep looking for the best deal and it seems like ASD is the way to go right now. Congrats on your purchase. Lets see them pics!

Hi,

I keep looking for the best deal and it seems like ASD is the way to go right now. Congrats on your purchase. Lets see them pics!

nice looking TV stand - too bad no company makes one big enough to fit the RC64 beast!

that looks like a lot of speaker for that small room - how does it all sound? I had the same "problem" with my KLF20s in our smaller living room area. Like the 7s they have 2 10 inch woofers but they also have 2 horns. They really need a big room to appreciate the beautiful clean/loud/powerfull sound they can produce.

nice looking TV stand - too bad no company makes one big enough to fit the RC64 beast!

that looks like a lot of speaker for that small room - how does it all sound? I had the same "problem" with my KLF20s in our smaller living room area. Like the 7s they have 2 10 inch woofers but they also have 2 horns. They really need a big room to appreciate the beautiful clean/loud/powerfull sound they can produce.

They do. BDI AVION series. With the center drawer removed the RC-64ii
is going to fit perfectly. It is the perfect height and width. I will
post pics when I get my new setup but it's going to be another couple
weeks unfortunately.

post-27256-13819686700674_thumb.jpg

With everything considered they sound great. It is a little tough with such a small listening area, but they still live up to the hype, though when my wife and I finally get a house of our own, I'm looking forward to hearing what my system can really sound like with a big enough area to breathe in. Like everyone else before, I knew the physical dimensions of the 64, but just couldn't fathom how big it really was till I saw it in person. I took a pic and text it to my brother in law, he said I was insane for having such a big speaker for my center channel, lol. I'll have to educate him later on why its important to get the biggest, baddest center you can for home theater. I can't wait to wall mount my tv this weekend, I think it'll make everything looks pretty slick.