RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Youthman did a nice comparison between thr rf7/rf7ii an rf83 with noticeable difference but not superiority. I have never lend the rf7 but I love my rf7ii. I can imagine the rf7 is incredible also but I know many would have the crossover reworked as from the factory try are known to be harsh. I have no idea if the rb81 81ii has similarsymptoms.

Youthman did a nice comparison between thr rf7/rf7ii an rf83 with noticeable difference but not superiority. I have never lend the rf7 but I love my rf7ii. I can imagine the rf7 is incredible also but I know many would have the crossover reworked as from the factory try are known to be harsh. I have no idea if the rb81 81ii has similarsymptoms.

I saw those but he also didn't have the matching center channels if I am remembering correctly. Not to say that they weren't good posts, but it is all about the Front Soundstage, imo...

Edited by tkdamerica

The xo in the RF 7 is of the same build quality as in the 7II according to Dean G. The xo point is different between the two speakers. I have heard the 7II's and their is not a dramatic difference. The harshness is a lable that has been applied to all Klipsch speakers. Some people just don't care for horn speakers. This is usually do to the wrong amp or setup. My 7's are not harsh at least to me, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

hey guys so i have read this forum for quite a while now and you have honestly made my decisions that much easier. So I should be receiving the RF7-II and RC-64 II today however here is the problem, I currently only have an entry level pioneer elite (vsx-42). From my understanding, this receiver is more than likely going to be way too under powered for these speakers.

What would be the better option to go for me now? I was planning on either upgrading the receiver to the SC-77 or getting emotiva xpa-5

Ad we all should know, listening is the most subjective thing, because it depends on the listener and his ears. I had so many discussions to friends, about different line ups of amps and speakers. I guess there will never be a "happy end" 8-)

Still waiting for my RC-64 MK II. 8-p

Sent from my Asus Padfone Infinity A86

hey guys so i have read this forum for quite a while now and you have honestly made my decisions that much easier. So I should be receiving the RF7-II and RC-64 II today however here is the problem, I currently only have an entry level pioneer elite (vsx-42). From my understanding, this receiver is more than likely going to be way too under powered for these speakers.

What would be the better option to go for me now? I was planning on either upgrading the receiver to the SC-77 or getting emotiva xpa-5

I’m not familiar on the particular model elite receiver but these are fairly efficient speakers and don’t “require” a lot of power. That being said a separate power amp will gain you detail, better channel separation, and a more robust low end and mid bass. It’s a common practice here to start with a avr and eventually move to separate amp. If you are happy with the pioneer elite’s sound and it has pre outs I would consider keeping what you have and put the money elsewhere. I ran my RF-83s also very efficient with my Pio elite SC-55 just fine. My current setup calls for more power especially at higher volumes but I believe your RF7iis will sound great.

I was worried about the same since my Denon AVR-791 is only 90w/ch.

It has no problems handling My RF-7ii's, RC-7, and 4 RS-35's.

I expect an amp will give me some improvements in separation and low end, but honestly these speakers are not power hungry and sound fantastic with the Denon.

They way it went i just sort of had to get black. I have bought a handful of speakers outside of klipsch and all of those were black as well.

Seeing your photos has retrained my thought process when it comes to black speakers. When I see an ad for black Klipsch speakers, I usually skip right over it. Not anymore.

I cannot wait to get that grin once i get an amp,

I sent you a PM about an amp.

Bill

If

I am deciding whether or not i want to organize all my cables or not. Always so many cords....

Do it. I've never organized my cables until we built the HT and had the false wall. Funny how I decide to organize when I have everything hidden behind the cabinet. LOL

I went as far as to route all my power cables one direction and my signal cables the opposite direction.

If you ever want to upgrade your RS-35's I am looking for a set to complete a surround system in a new house.

Seeing your photos has retrained my thought process when it comes to black speakers. When I see an ad for black Klipsch speakers, I usually skip right over it. Not anymore.

I was never a fan of black speakers until I saw Youthman's RF-7ii's....oh man.

love at first sight, even my wife loved them over the cherry.....then I heard them. Total amazement. Can't wait to add the IB subs,

Serious Audio nirvana.

Ad we all should know, listening is the most subjective thing, because it depends on the listener and his ears....

I forgot to welcome you to the forum Brend--Welcome! :)

I will also add that setup matters including/especially if used for multichannel and which center was auditioned with which speakers. Given this also the internet and so many people get their opinions from reading and not experiencing on their own I felt the need to pursue where you were coming from...Heck, if enough people come on here and say that the RF-7IIs are 'way better' than the originals I may have to go audition. ;)

Fwiw, any audition in stores should be suspect regardless which speakers you are auditioning. Either they could try to sway you into what they want you to buy or they don't have the time or inclination to level-match what your are considering is usually the case.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your New speakers!

Edited by tkdamerica
  • Like 1

I doubt the RF7iis are that much better just different possibly but again I have only heard the RF-7iis and not the RF-7s. Comparatively with the RF-83s I like my 7iis better even though the RF83s were very musical and a beautiful design the RF7ii seem to have an ever more detailed reproduction esp. with mid bass and power in the low end the dual 10” drivers hit a lot harder than the 3 8” drivers. I like the slender design of the 83s better though. Welcome to the forum this a fantastic place to expand your knowledge. I read and learn constantly on here

You may be surprised by how well the VSX 42 will drive you system. I have ran my RF 7's off a tube amp to extremely loud levels. Klipsch are pretty efficient.

I like the slender design of the 83s better though.

Me too. When the RF-83/RC-64 first came out I thought they looked awesome but when I went to audition felt they were considerably warmer in the upper end which didn't sound as clean/crisp as my RF-7s/RC-7 (to my ears) up front. I also auditioned a couple of Klipsch THX Ultra II setups that sounded closer to my HT, but didn't think it was an "upgrade." All-n-all my guess is that all of these upper end speakers will sound nice and the difference is at the margins.

Edited by tkdamerica
  • Like 1

if used strictly for HT the 83s are extremely nice I miss mine quite a bit actually and wish I kept them for the garage or something just looking at them was nice lol. The 7s are definitely more detailed and I presume the older 7s are as well. If you bring in to the mix the ultra 2 system if properly setup is quite a different beast. Defintly not better but only if you look at it a certain way. If you want an all-around great system the new RF7ii or even the ordinal rf7 system is great for both movie watching and music listening in 2 ch mode. If you want strictly a movie theater like sound and reproduction of what we hear at the cinemas then the THX ultra 2 is for you. you have to give and take a little with either setup because a film audio nut is going to be in their glory with the way the THX ultra 2 theater system sounds but they certainly don’t sound great with music to me at all. I don’t listen to music ever in the theater room. if I only had 1 room id go all RF7ii. There is a lot more of a difference in sound from the THX line to the RF line for movies but not so much from RF7-RF7ii-RF83 and so on in the reference line for movies. The Ultra 2 System is extremely expensive especially if you were to look at MSRP that system with 4 subs and 2 sub amps is costly but properly setup with a nice high end pre amp and powerful separate amps is astonishing. I have literally re-experience many of my favorite films in a different way in my theater in the past 6 months since its completion and just recently added the D2v pre with ARC and it brings it even closer to being in a cinema. Yep now im ready to go home and watch movies haha.