RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

All I gotta say is that tonight, once I got Airplay going and jammin, and then realized I was in pure direct (2 channel) with no subs...My jaw dropped.

I have never heard 2 channel sound like that, and I will not be running subs any more when I listen to music.

• Like 1

So you call me a friend and hypocrite in the same breath! Nice. 

Moving on, have a nice year with that one.

Go back and read your original post--I was only responding in kind.

I have no hard feelings and will continue to post my thoughts and enjoy yours. :)

AHHHHH the famous ZENTRAV from AVS strikes again. . . . . lol

• 4 weeks later...

Well, 

After finally getting a 64II to go with the 7II's, and getting them spaced and calibrated properly, this system sounds soooooo good.

It is always nice to notice for yourself, but everyone that said the 7's are a good jump over the 82's were correct of course. The 64II has more rasp and bite than the 62II, and it makes an outstanding HT center. When the action is live and the volume is high, you never feel like these speakers are struggling to do anything, and the sound is clean.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think with your room, I would toe them in just like you have them and would even experiment with them facing straight with no toe-in. I wish I had an open wall like that in my room. But even with my unfriendly room, the 7ii easily handle it with ease. 

So I just pulled the trigger and joined the club... I'm hoping this will be it for a while for me, though I could have said the same thing several times over the last 5 years  :unsure: .  I was always hooked on audio since I was young, mostly because my Dad was a complete techie and like most boys, I wanted to do everything he did. In my late teens, I took full advantage of the annual trade-in offer at the Bose Outlet and worked my way up from the 301s all the way to the 901s - which I thought were the "pinnacle" of home stereo equipment being a naive 22 year old college student. About that time the internet started taking off and I was shocked to learn that Bose were in fact not the most desirable speakers... Even though I really liked the 901s, I sold them through Ebay and moved on to Polk speakers and eventually settled on the Quintets from Klipsch around 2004. I was finally set for a while..or so I thought.  

Fast forward about 7 years and I was now married and in a new home with a large finished basement.  My wife visited her parents and came back and commented on how much "fuller" her step dad's new Polk RtiA7s sounded compared to my set-up...little did she know the eventual cost of that statement.   :rolleyes:

Sooo..I came back to the Klipsch forum and studied for a while.  I ended up picking up the RF-62ii's and an RC-52ii due to space constraints of my entertainment center.  First mistake as I ended up swapping that out for a RC-62ii and replacing the tv stand..and since the "bug" isn't limited just to speakers, I replaced my TV as well.  Then came a new Emotiva amp a year later.  Then a Denon x4000 simply to add X32 that my Denon 3313 lacked. I held off on upgrades for about a year and the itch began again..I decided to replace my Klipsch Sub (SW112) with an SVS SB13.  I figured at this point I was "done" and my wife was surely at the end of her rope with all of my endless upgrades.  I had always regretted not getting the 7s as the "what if" question always remained in the back of my mind.  I just mentioned to my wife how some day I may want to upgrade, and to my complete shock, she told me to just do it.  I'm turning 40 this year and this can be "my gift" she said. Like many of you on this forum, listening to and tweaking the set up is one of the few things that really provides me with pure enjoyment and stress relief (other than spending time with my family). I really, really hope this is it for a while, though I may have to block myself from this forum and AVS to stop "the itch." Anyway, that is my story.  I'm hoping everything will be delivered by next weekend (I went with black, NIB from Mike at ASD for a ridiculously good deal) and I will try to post some pictures at that point. I don't post often but I visit this place countless times a day, so I figured it was worth sharing.

• Like 3

Man, that story sounds familiar!!!  :D I am fairly confident you wont feel the need to upgrade your speakers for quite some time. Thats the great thing with speakers, they dont have to be updated like pres/avr's. The top notch AVR today will be outdated in 5 years or so while the speakers just keep on jamming. I know my search for speakers are over for a long,long time..............if ever. 

Make sure you pizz some neighbors off when you get em hooked up and dialed in.  :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am now a proud new owner of some RF-7IIs and a RC-64II.  This thread and many others really helped me make the choice even without hearing them. (Not typically something I do.)

These things are huge, I am still shocked.  I even used the measurements before hand and thought I knew how big they would be.  I will post some Pictures with my 3s right next to them.

I have listened to some music and watched Tron: Legacy.  Man, there is so much more sound and detail coming from these.  My RF-3IIs are great and I have enjoyed them for 13 years, but wow, just wow.  

I think I might call in sick tomorrow and watch movies for 3 days straight.

• Like 3

Hey Shodrewken, I have the same TV as you have in your man cave. The last of the Mohicans I guess. Its a nice TV.

It really is! I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon mine when I did. Though plasma's had a good run, its too bad they stopped making them when they did. It seems Samsung and Panasonic had just nailed PQ to the point where they were able to just match or beat the mighty Pioneer Kuro, then poof, no more plasmas. I'm hoping both my screens will last me till OLED's become more affordable and durable.

I am now a proud new owner of some RF-7IIs and a RC-64II.  This thread and many others really helped me make the choice even without hearing them. (Not typically something I do.)

These things are huge, I am still shocked.  I even used the measurements before hand and thought I knew how big they would be.  I will post some Pictures with my 3s right next to them.

I have listened to some music and watched Tron: Legacy.  Man, there is so much more sound and detail coming from these.  My RF-3IIs are great and I have enjoyed them for 13 years, but wow, just wow.  

I think I might call in sick tomorrow and watch movies for 3 days straight.

Congrats and enjoy!