RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

• 4 months later...

Last night my 5th RF-7 II arrived. I know have all 15 speakers. Tonight I need to assemble my Bell'O SP200 36" speaker stands for the RB-81 II front wides surround speakers and run longer speaker wire to those. All the other speakers are in their final positions and wired up, so this weekend I can run Audyssey and get back to watching movies.

I'm using my Denon AVR-X5200W for now. I can't imagine how these speakers are going to roar when my ATI Morris Kessler Signature amps (AT-6005 and AT-4006) arrive in February!

Klipsch:
4 Klipsch R-115SW powered subwoofers
1 Klipsch RF-7 II center speaker
2 Klipsch RF-7 II front speakers
2 Klipsch RF-7 II side surround speakers
2 Klipsch RB-81 II front wide surround speakers
2 Klipsch RB-81 II front height surround speakers
2 Klipsch RB-81 II rear surround speakers 

Edited by Tonycpa

How do you feel about the 4 subs? I have two.. And have not moved them into the theater as it's still under construction. Was there a drastic improvement between 2 & 4 ???

Also curious about the SQ improvement with the Amps. As I am using a cheap cheap cheap receiver still..

depending on location 4 might get you smoother response. It will net you headroom. Around 6db

Congrats Tony on the nice system.  Let the movies and music play!

Finished setting everything up this weekend and ran Audyssey. I had time to watch High Crimes, U-571 and Gladiator. Good to be back to working through my Netflix queue.

I use Spotify for Music and I couldn't be happier with the quality. I have been listening to all music genre's and the Klipsch Reference Series II collection is the best I have ever owned. 

Can't wait to order my amps in January.

Edited by Tonycpa

When I switched from my 9.3 JBL Studio Series speaker collection I switched directly to the 4 Klipsch subs, so I can't speak to how 2 Klipsch subs would sound. All 4 of my Klipsch subs are corner loaded. Combined with the bass from 5 Klipsch RF7 IIs and 6 Klipsch RB-81 IIs...the bass is simply awesome. 

What I can tell you is I watched the Impossible with the new subs and I honestly thought the Tsunami was crashing through my front wall and sweeping through my theater. I don't watch movies anymore, I experience them.

We must have watched Top Gun a dozen times over the decades. The first time my father and I watched the Top Gun, the scene when the Tomcat was taking off from the aircraft carrier, the recliners were literally shaking.

Watching movies with these subs, we realize that we have been missing out on so much for so long.

You have to experience it to understand. 

The same can be said while listening to music on Spotify with his new collection of speakers. You just feel the music. It's completely different to just listening to the music which we have been doing for so long.

Worth every penny I invested.

How do you feel about the 4 subs? I have two.. And have not moved them into the theater as it's still under construction. Was there a drastic improvement between 2 & 4 ???
Also curious about the SQ improvement with the Amps. As I am using a cheap cheap cheap receiver still..

depending on location 4 might get you smoother response. It will net you headroom. Around 6db

Will it keep the 15"s Robust to their 18hz output?

Edited by Tonycpa

• 2 weeks later...
After perusing the sub thread on another forum and seeing how sick some people are, it made me feel much better, so I ordered 2 Power Sound Audio Dual 18" V3600i subs on Christmas Eve. They arrived today, so I thought I would share some updated photos with everyone (special thanks to all the guys in this sub-forum who helped me out with tips and tricks)...

One PSA V3600i resides in the back right corner of the room. The second is in the back left corner of the room. All 6 subs are hooked up with SVS Soundpath Interconnect cables. To the right of the sub, along the back wall is my fifth RF7 II that is waiting patiently to replace the RC-64 II as my center speaker.

39_zps4gglnn57.jpg

41_zpslvsinr1w.jpg

40_zpsig0o3pds.jpg

The 2 Klipsch R-115SW 15" subs that used to reside in the back corners of the room are now placed between (or inside) the 2 RF7 II front main speakers. This is the same location where my JBL S412P towers with built in subs used to be for the last 15 years or so. For the last year, I used those subs combined with 4 corner loaded R-115SW subs, so I am very familiar with these locations. Also, the height of the sub is a perfect fit underneath my AT screen.

45_zpszj3gsplo.jpg

Now, all 4 R-115SW subs reside along the front wall...two corner loaded, outside the 2 RF7 II front mains and the other 2 inside the front mains. So, once I replace the center channel speakers as noted above, from left to right, we will have the left corner loaded sub, the left front main, another sub, the center speaker, another sub, the right main and finally the right corner loaded sub. I ordered a Mid Atlantic rack (in transit), so once that arrives I can remove the TV stand and place all the equipment in the rack in the back of the room and replace my center channel speaker as mentioned above.

44_zpssdmvp3rd.jpg

My Bell'O SP200 36" speaker stands arrived. So, I was able to place my RB-81 II front wide surrounds on them. Those speakers are angled in toward the primary listening position. In the last photos I posted they were temporarily sitting on the corner subs.

42_zpsqxlk8zlq.jpg

The front mains have now been moved out and angled in. They reside under the front heights as shown below. This will leave only the RF7 II center channel sitting behind the AT screen.

43_zpskysw1gfw.jpg

Much, much more still to come. Including wire/cable management which will be addressed using the following techniques: 

a) Legrand cable raceways will be used to conceal both rear surrounds and both front height surrounds from shelf to floor, Epson Power cord & HDMI cable and the Elite Screen power cord;

B) Electriduct 2" split wire tubing will be used behind the Mid Atlantic AV rack. There will be five separate 5' lengths to group each of the following and keep them apart from one another: 1) power cords, 2) speaker wire, 3) interconnects, 4) HDMI/Video cables and 5) ethernet cables;

c) Velcro one-wrap thin self-gripping ties to separate the wires/cables (as described above) wherever they are not visible; and

d) Gaffer Power professional premium grade gaffer tape to separate the wires/cables (as described above) wherever they are visible.

I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year! Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

• Like 4

Many Tony you are not jacking around at all lol. Almost all rf-7ii setup and 4 1&'s and 4 15's. That's awesome. Now all you need to do is lose the rc-64ii and go RF-7ii all the way around! Matching LCR is king in the theater. Love all the copper. Wish I could just paint all my woofers that color lol

• Like 2

Damn tony....you got it going on my man.... awsome...

Hey you like GSP? I see the book...

MKP :-)

Thanks. Yes, I have been a fan of GSP since he started fighting.

Many Tony you are not jacking around at all lol. Almost all rf-7ii setup and 4 1&'s and 4 15's. That's awesome. Now all you need to do is lose the rc-64ii and go RF-7ii all the way around! Matching LCR is king in the theater. Love all the copper. Wish I could just paint all my woofers that color lol

I have RF7 II for the 5.1 positions, there are 6 RB81 IIs for the front height, front wide and rear surrounds (rear surrounds not shown in my most recent post), along with 4 R-115SW subs and 2 V3600I subs. I'll post more photos in a few weeks. Thanks for the compliment. 

Ha! Tony - is that a glass bottle on that shelf?! I'd put money that won't stay there long with ANY volume on your setup! Beautiful! Glad there's still a little room for you to sit down in there! :-)

Yes, it is secured with double sided tape. Speakers and subs > seats...I could always sit on a sub and have a natural shaker! JK...it's a huge room.  

Hi all, name is Brad. Joined about 5 years ago when I bought my old system. Then is was 5.1 system:

Pioneer VSX-1120 9 channel receiver

RF-82II mains

RC-62II center

RS-52II surround

HSU VTF2 MK3 subwoofer

Small compared to most hear but to me, kicked *** for music witch I use mostly. Probably 80-85%. CD's Currently putting together a new system. It will be 7.1. I do want the surround sound for Blue-ray movies, but music is my thing (that's why I have the 6005 just for). Love it in Extended stereo. Room size is about 24x24. New set up so far:

Marantz AV7701 Pre tuner

Marantz MM7055 5 channel amplifier

Marantz CD6005 disc player

Marantz UD5007 blue-ray disk player

Emotiva XPA 2 channel amp.

Klipsch RF-7II mains

Klipsch RC-64II center

Klipsch RS-52II  side surround.

What I'm wondering, if I use my Rs-52II surrounds for side speakers, would a set of RF-82II or 62II towers work as my back surround set? I do know I will loose allot as a surround speaker, but hope to gain in music as I really like to listen in extended stereo.  Brad

What I'm wondering, if I use my Rs-52II surrounds for side speakers, would a set of RF-82II or 62II towers work as my back surround set? I do know I will loose allot as a surround speaker, but hope to gain in music as I really like to listen in extended stereo.  Brad

Brad,

Adding either of those choices will be fantastic for music and add some serious spark to your HT also.

Bill 

What I'm wondering, if I use my Rs-52II surrounds for side speakers, would a set of RF-82II or 62II towers work as my back surround set? I do know I will loose allot as a surround speaker, but hope to gain in music as I really like to listen in extended stereo. Brad

I have use towers and RS speakers for rears.  I prefer the smaller RS for movies and music.  I am more music than movies.  With all those subs, you don't need the extra bass from a tower.  Use those babies!

Edited by derrickdj1

• 1 month later...

Finally got a breather now that busy season is over and decided to post a few updates...

I replaced my RC-64 II center speaker with an RF-7 II for the center channel. I replaced all speaker wire with Belden 10 gauge AWG 99.99% oxygen free multi-stranded speaker wire with Sewell Direct deadbolt banana plugs on both ends.

46_zpsvbeixzi2.jpg

50_zpsbr1182m4.jpg

47_zpsvtrpvazr.jpg

53_zps9vdlszpl.jpg

54_zps7wishs2g.jpg