RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

So I was hoping someone with a set of walnut RF-7ii's would chime in...are these more than the regular price of the cherry or black? I have cherry RF-7ii's and a RC-64ii. Changing out furniture and going with mostly walnut. I may be willing to trade the three of my speakers for a pair of the RF-7ii s in walnut...probably not going to happen but figured I'd throw it out there. Thanks!

They are the same price. And if you look up any pictures of them I'm about 99% positive they are not walnut. Rather a different veneer stained walnut. To be honest they look like oak to me with a dark walnut stain. I just built a new center channel and mimicked the finish perfect in my opinion.

They are the same price. And if you look up any pictures of them I'm about 99% positive they are not walnut. Rather a different veneer stained walnut. To be honest they look like oak to me with a dark walnut stain. I just built a new center channel and mimicked the finish perfect in my opinion.

Nice! I was also thinking they looked like oak. As long as the color is walnut, the wife will be happy. Maybe I can attempt to just sand mine and stain them, or have new cabinets made out of walnut. I wouldn't want to sand too much though...Hmm. Got any pictures of your center? Thanks!

Nice! I was also thinking they looked like oak. As long as the color is walnut, the wife will be happy. Maybe I can attempt to just sand mine and stain them, or have new cabinets made out of walnut. I wouldn't want to sand too much though...Hmm. Got any pictures of your center? Thanks!

I really do think they are walnut.  Certain stains can penetrate the wood more and really emphasize the grain.  I have seen the photos that do look a little like oak but have also seen other photos that really look like walnut. 

Just my opinion.

Bill

I really do think they are walnut. Certain stains can penetrate the wood more and really emphasize the grain. I have seen the photos that do look a little like oak but have also seen other photos that really look like walnut.

Just my opinion.

Bill

perhaps a picture of ones that look like walnut? I haven't ever seen a single picture of them that didn't look like oak

Scrappy,

I may have to eat crow. :o I think you may be correct. :unsure::)

g714RP280AW-B.jpg41QEJPqo0uL.01_SL500_.jpg

Bill

They are still beautiful! That would match my new furniture much nicer than the cherry. I'm afraid of sanding them because I might not be able to sand far enough to get the old stain off...

I'm afraid of sanding them because I might not be able to sand far enough to get the old stain off...
id be leary of possibly ruining a speaker and leaving no resale value. might be better to sell and find a good deal on walnut set. i remember world wide stereo had a sale if you bought the towers at full price the center was free.  

I'm afraid of sanding them because I might not be able to sand far enough to get the old stain off...
id be leary of possibly ruining a speaker and leaving no resale value. might be better to sell and find a good deal on walnut set. i remember world wide stereo had a sale if you bought the towers at full price the center was free.  

That's a really good deal. I have mine listed on craigslist but am only getting lowball offers. Maybe I'll talk to a cabinet maker and see how much a set of walnut cabinets would cost and swap everything over...

The rear ports are different in that picture... my black ones have two round rear ports... did that bring any sonic change? the binding post setup also looks different... why is that?

Edited by Destiny

The rear ports are different in that picture... my black ones have two round rear ports... did that bring any sonic change? the binding post setup also looks different... why is that?

Sorry, I should have clarified.  The rear photo is of a walnut RP-280FA.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

So I decided to complete the copper lineup. ...now should the sub match?

cbc54f3eaf9225d368cefa4250388c74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would not be complete if the subs don't match. ;):D

Bill

i agree if we are talking black ash finish. If we are talking cooper comes subs.....meh.