RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Klipsch needs to make a bigger sub that actually has some power then wrap it in black ash.  Would be awesome.  You already have to ship the R-115SW's via freight, extra size and weight doesn't hurt much in terms of shipping.  Not sure why this as well as black ash wrapped surrounds doesn't exist.  The SVS Ultra's look really good.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2016 at 2:39 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The problem is that with several channels driven, that 125 watts is likely turning into less than half of that, and there's a couple of impedance dips that might cause you grief.  Biggest one is around 160-170 hz I believe, but if you cross over low, there's another around 40 hz or so.  Just real hard to drive this at high levels with a receiver.  On most material with sane volume levels you won't notice anything.  

I am looking into adding the Atmos sound to my existing setup: RF-7 II, RC-64 II center, RS-52 II sides and RB-61 backs. Denon states that the AV receiver AVR-X7200WA will power my existing speakers and all the added ceiling speakers for a full Atmos sound. My question is, your statement above makes me think I will need additional power to run this type of system. Is this true and if so, exactly what will I have to add in the way of hardware to get the true Atmos experience? Also, aside from this wonderful forum, where do you suggest I go to begin learning how all these hardware pieces fit together? Seems very complicated to me. Thanks.

Ron

13 minutes ago, sweeko said:

I am looking into adding the Atmos sound to my existing setup: RF-7 II, RC-64 II center, RS-52 II sides and RB-61 backs. Denon states that the AV receiver AVR-X7200WA will power my existing speakers and all the added ceiling speakers for a full Atmos sound. My question is, your statement above makes me think I will need additional power to run this type of system. Is this true and if so, exactly what will I have to add in the way of hardware to get the true Atmos experience? Also, aside from this wonderful forum, where do you suggest I go to begin learning how all these hardware pieces fit together? Seems very complicated to me. Thanks.

Ron

Only problem I've ever ran into is heavy metal concerts while showing off with the crossovers low.  5 channels driven and heavy kick drums across the front 3 speakers doesn't work out all that well with a Marantz SR-7009 powering RF-7ii's, you can hear it running out of gas.  That Denon will be plenty fine especially if you avoid the situation I described.  Denon amps are better than Marantz anyway, that 7200 is a beast.  Keep in mind that if you go 7.1.4, it still requires an external 2 channel amp.  The new ones they're coming out with has on-board amps for all channels which may interest you, AVR-X6300H for example.  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, badass091286 said:

what size or type of footers or spikes should i be looking for to buy for rf-7ii's..?? any suggestions..??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So, you have RF-7 II's without the stock feet/spike kit?

If so, did you contact Klipsch to determine if they can be ordered, or maybe even shipped free if you bought new RF-7 II and they were missing from the box?

Youthman's pic shows the stock feet.  The speakers also ship with spikes that screw into the feet.

So, you have RF-7 II's without the stock feet/spike kit?

If so, did you contact Klipsch to determine if they can be ordered, or maybe even shipped free if you bought new RF-7 II and they were missing from the box?

Youthman's pic shows the stock feet.  The speakers also ship with spikes that screw into the feet.

yeah these are the ones.. but i bought them preowned and they didn't come with these feet.. i wanna install spikes for these speakers but don't know what size as in the thread size of the spike screws to buy.. anyone got any idea on what size threads they are..??

the threads are standard 1/4"/20 and for those who don't know what hat means they are standard 1/4' threaded rod with 20 threads per inch. Good old furniture glides with nylon pads are excellent. Spikes a PITA damage shoes toes and floors even tear pant cuffs I would highly recommend the glides.

what glides are these..?? anyy picture..??

• 4 weeks later...

over approx 5yrs I started out with  rf42s for the mains and center, synergy b-20s and sony sub....

to 28s for mains with the 42 center, and some b-20s and sony sub........

to 7s as mains, 64 center, rp160 surr, and an sb2000

I only have 1 turrble pic of the 42's but I wanna get em back for a day and do a side by side.

zwPvmI.jpg

LgTggV.jpg

fwzkTX.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

That Denon will be plenty fine especially if you avoid the situation I described.  Denon amps are better than Marantz anyway, that 7200 is a beast.  Keep in mind that if you go 7.1.4, it still requires an external 2 channel amp.  The new ones they're coming out with has on-board amps for all channels which may interest you, AVR-X6300H for example.  

Hehehe...I've been avoiding the AVR section at AVS for fear of the upgrade bug.....I just saw this and makes me wonder when the AVR-X7200 is going to be discontinued...I am a fan of getting AVRs at a good price when they've reached that status, although I am in no hurry because we have the 9.2 system listed below and need to upgrade the monitor when funds are more available.

• Like 1