RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

I just put in an RF-7 II / RC-64 II set that I picked up through Crutchfield during this sale.  The RF-82 II pair are now the surrounds.  The freight driver showed up alone with a pallet jack but with speakers no longer on a pallet; he tried picking one up to carry but quickly changed his mind.  My hand truck salvaged that situation for us both. :P

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/2130-movie-room-screen-wall-update-2/

IMG_0433.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Very nice looking set up. I like the stands for the center you are using. :emotion-21:

Thanks!  I'd been using a Wood Technology CC-18 center stand cut down to the needed height with my previous speaker and thought I'd need something more stable to handle the wider RC-64 II.  I have other WT stands from a ways back and was bummed that they're not around anymore but low and behold I found a new CC-12 right away on eBay so I just trimmed it down to match and put it along side my original.  Very happy to sort that out!

18 hours ago, hootowls said:

I just put in an RF-7 II / RC-64 II set that I picked up through Crutchfield during this sale.  The RF-82 II pair are now the surrounds.  The freight driver showed up alone with a pallet jack but with speakers no longer on a pallet; he tried picking one up to carry but quickly changed his mind.  My hand truck salvaged that situation for us both. :P

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/2130-movie-room-screen-wall-update-2/

IMG_0433.jpg

Nice setup man, very clean! What are you powering your setup with? Which subs are those?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hootowls said:

IMG_0433.jpg

This looks great!  Congrats and enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shodrewken said:

Nice setup man, very clean! What are you powering your setup with? Which subs are those?

Thanks very much!

I'm currently using a Yamaha RX V-867 (95 watts) for power.  The subs are Klipsch SW-110s that I've slightly elevated with a home made 2x4 frame.  If it were in the budget at this very moment (no chance) I have my eye on a pair of SVS SB-2000s.

14 hours ago, willland said:

Very nice.

Congrats.

Bill

23 minutes ago, akdave said:

This looks great!  Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks guys!  In 2010 they used to be a pair of RB-41 IIs and an RC-52 II - now look how they've grown!

Got back from a concert yesterday... 1st act was "sixx am". Not a huge fan, and thought "damn i swear my ears ring at home and the sound is better". (Atleast when i 1st got the 7s and wanted to hear what they could do)

Course next up was shinedown and they were louder and the fireworks were really loud.

Then 5fdp left me ringing.

My ears have adjusted since halloween, and after cranking the home stereo up some, my ears are def ringing.

Well, test completed..... and at the concert we were only a few feet from the rail, so its not like we were at the back of the arena. Time to ice the earholes.

16 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Every time your ears ring, an angel loses its wings.  True story.  

Twas just a test..... no mas.

I grew up going to nhra for yrs and usually where ears, shooting i always wore ears, and i dont usually crank these up that loud.

37 minutes ago, Justus said:

Got back from a concert yesterday... 1st act was "sixx am". Not a huge fan, and thought "damn i swear my ears ring at home and the sound is better". (Atleast when i 1st got the 7s and wanted to hear what they could do)

Course next up was shinedown and they were louder and the fireworks were really loud.

Then 5fdp left me ringing.

My ears have adjusted since halloween, and after cranking the home stereo up some, my ears are def ringing.

Well, test completed..... and at the concert we were only a few feet from the rail, so its not like we were at the back of the arena. Time to ice the earholes.

Be cafefully, this will be a short hobby.:D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the RF7 II and the RC64 II
still used my Denon AVR 3313 but here in The Netherlands there I have the possibility to buy a brand new AVR X7200WA
It is one of the last units, if I convert it to dollars it’s $2300

I think this is a good deal and a great update of my system

Is there someone with the same configuration or anyone with experience with this Denon 7200?

Thanks, and regrets from The Netherlands

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have the RF7 II and the RC64 II
still used my Denon AVR 3313 but here in The Netherlands there I have the possibility to buy a brand new AVR X7200WA
It is one of the last units, if I convert it to dollars it’s $2300

I think this is a good deal and a great update of my system

Is there someone with the same configuration or anyone with experience with this Denon 7200?

Thanks, and regrets from The Netherlands

What are you looking to improve? The 7200 is a nice receiver, but I don’t don’t think you’ll hear much difference vs the current Denon you’re using. I think your money might be spent better elsewhere in the system. Just my opinion 

1 hour ago, W27 said:

What are you looking to improve? The 7200 is a nice receiver, but I don’t don’t think you’ll hear much difference vs the current Denon you’re using. I think your money might be spent better elsewhere in the system. Just my opinion 

Agreed.  I'd add a separate 2 ch power amp to power those 7s.

• Like 1

276f8c50eb3963e4ff6e12918dfc2d77.jpg

My setup. IMO black look the best. And actually I do like the look of the ii’s better than the iii’s. As I rock my speakers without the grills, I like to see the grain on the front. Nice touch. 

• Like 2