RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Yes it is a beast and it is menacing but i would love to check out some of the higher end paradigm subs. The 3400 is huge with with a 14'' woofer with two ports under it! Plus you can get them for a decent price from local dealers. Size wise it looks right at home next to the rf-7s. Good luck with building your system. My system is far from done and my funds are drying up so we will see what happens.

The 3400 has everything i need. They can dig down pretty low. I wouldnt mind getting another one eventually. You should be able to get one of those dsp-3400s for 700 out the door. For $1400 or more i would be looking at the pb-13ultra. Have not heard of anyone being disappointed

Congrats on the 7s they are great speakers. My home theater is in turmoil since i found out the pre-outs of my receiver did not work. Also not loving the apc power conditioner i just got and do not know what to do about. Running stereo with 2 marantz ma500s to my 7s and it sound wonderful but that means my rc-64ii and sub are getting no action. Plus no surround sound although strangly sometimes it sounds like it

What do you dislike about the APC unit. I know its huge but it should fit right in with all of the other huge equipment you have, lol. I was actually going to upgrade to the S15 unit. But with you dsliking yours i don't know. I'm curious to hear what you like and dislike about it......And don't feel bad. Our sitting area is in turmoil too! Looking for a receiver and tv and my surrounds are unhooked too because I'm going to upgrade the speaker wire. So I'm running 3.1 right now and yes the 7s do a great job at simulated surround sound!

Jennings:What really bugs me about these battery backup models are that you can dim all leds except for the big brightest one around the power button. Second the silver does not really fit in at all since everything i have is black. Thirdly i wish i would have just gone with a regular power conditioner over a battery backup.

Jasoncarney: It was just some hole in the wall AV dealer in my town. They are only $899 msrp or something like that. You should be able to get one for 700 otd.

Larbo: no i did not get the preouts working so i ended up selling the receiver. I am just jamming in stereo with an older receiver and 2 marantz ma500 amps. I actually have 5 of those amps and am going to be putting 2 or 3 of them in the garage sale section soon. I want to figure out a processor before i feel tied down to certain amps. I am hesitant to watch tron legacy until i get my surround sound going again but sometimes you got to do what ya got to do!

Jennings:What really bugs me about these battery backup models are that you can dim all leds except for the big brightest one around the power button. Second the silver does not really fit in at all since everything i have is black. Thirdly i wish i would have just gone with a regular power conditioner over a battery backup.

Ahhh I see. I think the silver one is discontinued for that reason now. Don't think it was selling that well. I know at one point it was almost half the price of the black one. But I didn't even think of the leds. There's nothing you can use to cover the power button?

• Moderators

so how do we post pics ?

From Amy Unger

To post a single photo from your hard drive:

• Above the text box of your post, click the Options tab
  • Under File Attachment, click Add/Update
  • Click the browse button and find your file
  • Click Save (you may need to scroll to the right)
  • Click Post

Blu , sorry to hear about your reciver , but at least you were able to sell it. Now you'll be able to get something bigger and better. Boy i wish the cash came in faster then i can spend it. lol . Im trying to get the wife to let me buy a panasonic pt-ae 4000 projector. I have a belkin Pure av power conditioner , it works realy well. Even had some power outages ,and it worked perfectly. Just reset it and your up and running again. Did you see Tron in the Cinema ? Is it any good? I was a teen when the first came out ! Was a good movie .