RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Would it not be bad to not have video shielding? Still wish i had cherry cabs but you can't go wrong with black. Listened to some music last week and was again very satisified with the bass in 2.0 using 125wpc marantz monoblock amps.

Well video shielding would matter if the tv was a tube tv

and the speakers were close enough to matter. The rc-64ii is still shielded

though.

Would it not be bad to not have video shielding? Still wish i had cherry cabs but you can't go wrong with black. Listened to some music last week and was again very satisified with the bass in 2.0 using 125wpc marantz monoblock amps.

You think you will get an avr soon? At least something cheap

to watch movies?

Gotcha good to know. Surprised at how much weight the rc-64ii dropped while still keeping the shielding.

I read that they use the lighter neodymium magnets. I don’t know

for sure but I know that those magnets are lighter whether they are better or

not I have no idea. I do know that too much magnet can be over kill, and more isn’t

always better. The new rc-64ii is being timbre matched to a different speaker

then before (rf-83 rf-63) so maybe matching it to the rf-7ii has something to

do with it to. You would think if they skimped on the new 6.5s, and used a

weaker version in the new speaker that the stats wouldn’t be improved like they

are. I guess only they know

I dont think the rc-64ii is timbre matched to anything but the rf-7ii, as confirmed by Amy. As far as improvement over the original rc-64, i really like that they went with a standard crossover between the woofers and tweeter. I would also like to hear specifically the change the larger tweeter has brought. I would be a little disappointed if klipsch stepped up the msrp but not the quality of product. As far as getting a receiver soon i am not too quick to settle on something. I bought a used older HK receiver a bit ago and it had some signal to noise ratio that i was just not feeling, or maybe it was a ground i could not eliminate but i did not like it. Also i bought an onkyo tx-sr705 only to find out the preouts were bad. I want to just stick to what i am really looking for and get a 5-channel amp and a pre/pro. The 2.0 system i have right now rocks for movies so i am in no hurry and i have that rc-64ii stashed away so i do not feel like i am falling behind with my system (lol). The receiver i am using as a preamp right now is from 1992 and is getting the job done!

Yes that’s how I understood it as well only the rf-7ii

(timbre match) to the rc-64ii. There is another official klipsch forum I think its

uk or germen not sure I will give you the link you might have to google the addy and translate it

but I think my link has it for you already. I agree 100% I would be very upset

if they raised the price and then lowered the quality. I have heard the original

rc-64 in an ht set up and it sounds very good (with the rf-83). It’s a different

sound but very powerful, and clean (I would be very happy with it) I can say

with a good amount confidence that the new rf-64ii is just as good as the old

one in its different way(matching sound to the rf-7ii) I just can’t see klipsch

going cheaper on quality and then

raising the price.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.pauls-reference.de/forum/index.php%26hl%3Den%26site%3Dwebhp%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&u=http://www.pauls-reference.de/forum/index.php%3Fsid%3D70ea78d94f778395859cc061ba50bb51&usg=ALkJrhhPsMj3Idy--z54l_qbo7rWakIMOQ

As far as improvement over the original rc-64, i really like that they went with a standard crossover between the woofers and tweeter.

Blu,

They still employ the tapered array design like in the RC-64. All (4) woofers are activated at the lowest frequencies, then (2), then just the horn.

Here is the thread and some correspondance with Steve Phillips and myself through email:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/144655/1482879.aspx

Hey, you even responded in that thread.[:P]

Bill

That was my "they accidently sent me a rc-64ii" they really knew how to take a hole out of my wallet because then i had to get the rf-7iis. What Steve said makes sense, is he a trusted technician? I just ask because like that other thread sort of illustrates i have called before and i think i got more of a customer service guy who was not a tech. That would be AWESOME if Trey responded so we can confirm that the rc-64ii is a tapered design (i don't mean to disregard your facts i just like to double check). Bill, isnt the last rc-64 have the crossover set between the left and right woofers instead of the outer and then inner ones? You know the tapered design makes sense because who wants overloading bass on your higher voice frequencies.

Also referencehead, thanks for that website it is very interesting and funny in some cases to read that forum using the translater, btw people seem to love the RF-7ii over there. They also have a high regard for most klipsch products.

Alright guys....I've been working a lot....but things are slowing down a little so I finally got rid of that crappy HTiB receiver and got a Harman Kardon and let me tell you....The Harman is a very warm receiver.....pairing it with the 7 IIs makes a great combo. Movies and music both sound great when I crank my system and yes I always have a smile on my face. I have some RF-25s as surrounds right now. Do you guys think using the RF-62 IIs as surrounds will make it sound better? Or even upgrading to the RF-82 IIswould make a difference? I really want to stay with floorstanders as surrounds because WOW they sound great in movies and using the Harman propietary Logic 7 5 ch mode sounds amazing too.....more so than it did with my RB61 IIs......nonetheless if anyone is on the fence about purchasing the 7s....don't wait any longer....just go out and get them! Once you get a full system setup it will probably sound as good as your local theater. I went to my local theater this past weekend and was actually disappointed. Its the best theater in the country with DLP projection and a full Klipsch system but I remember it blowing me away a few months ago.....now I'm like my system sounds pretty similar! Minus the room rumbling bass you can feel and giant 300" screen of course....nonetheless if you have the budget and space then get the 7s!

Alright guys....I've been working a lot....but things are slowing down a little so I finally got rid of that crappy HTiB receiver and got a Harman Kardon and let me tell you....The Harman is a very warm receiver.....pairing it with the 7 IIs makes a great combo. Movies and music both sound great when I crank my system and yes I always have a smile on my face. I have some RF-25s as surrounds right now. Do you guys think using the RF-62 IIs as surrounds will make it sound better? Or even upgrading to the RF-82 IIswould make a difference? I really want to stay with floorstanders as surrounds because WOW they sound great in movies and using the Harman propietary Logic 7 5 ch mode sounds amazing too.....more so than it did with my RB61 IIs......nonetheless if anyone is on the fence about purchasing the 7s....don't wait any longer....just go out and get them! Once you get a full system setup it will probably sound as good as your local theater. I went to my local theater this past weekend and was actually disappointed. Its the best theater in the country with DLP projection and a full Klipsch system but I remember it blowing me away a few months ago.....now I'm like my system sounds pretty similar! Minus the room rumbling bass you can feel and giant 300" screen of course....nonetheless if you have the budget and space then get the 7s!

The rs-62ii is a very nice speaker, and its design is 100% surround

duty. So imo they will work better than the rf-82s in most cases (everyone’s room

and taste is different). They are a little bit spendy but i got a pretty good

deal on mine so at the right price I would jump on them you won’t be disappointed.

I agree as well about the movie theater experience. I went last week to see kung fu panda 2 and to me the sound wasn’t even

close to what comes out of the rf-7ii,rc-64ii (the massive amount of bass I have

always helps lol) grats on the new avr

I just purchased my first set of Klipsch Reference line in the RF-7IIs and RC-64II. Unfortunatly I needed smaller speakers since moving into a smaller HT space, replacing a pair of La Scalas and Belle center. Still getting used to the change. I've driven my HT with Yamaha for years now. I think their popularity is partly due to price. You get good bang for the buck. The Yamaha (RX-V3800) seemed a little bright for the heritage line (without sub) when listening to music at higher volume but no issues with HT. Works well with the RF-7IIs.

Hey please post a picture of your setup if you get a chance. Although maybe a step down from the lascala and belle after a couple of months you are going to think it was a step up. I think it is even a little psychological when such an amazing sound is coming from that beauty and the beast copper faced monster.

I just purchased my first set of Klipsch Reference line in the RF-7IIs and RC-64II. Unfortunatly I needed smaller speakers since moving into a smaller HT space, replacing a pair of La Scalas and Belle center. Still getting used to the change. I've driven my HT with Yamaha for years now. I think their popularity is partly due to price. You get good bang for the buck. The Yamaha (RX-V3800) seemed a little bright for the heritage line (without sub) when listening to music at higher volume but no issues with HT. Works well with the RF-7IIs.

Very nice any chance you some pics?

The HT room is under some construction right now. I had to custom build the stand. I still need to complete the finish trim work but wanted to do some preliminary testing. Another reason for the speaker change is the TV as well. This set needs to be pretty low for best viewing. Even more important during 3D viewing. Considering all aspects I like the new set-up. I had split the Belle to get the TV as low as possible in another custom cabinet. With the bass box under the TV and the mid/tweeter box above. The sound was good but rear projection TVs are sensitive to viewing height so this change made a huge improvement in picture quality. I can't remember the last time I posted a picture on here... so I hope this works.

post-6578-13819656950814_thumb.jpg