RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Just a little follow-up on the RF-7IIs... while I miss some of the punch from the La Scalas, these speakers really do hold their own. Love the copper! Seems a shame to cover them. So do most owners use grills or does the copper win with no grills?

Just a little follow-up on the RF-7IIs... while I miss some of the punch from the La Scalas, these speakers really do hold their own. Love the copper! Seems a shame to cover them. So do most owners use grills or does the copper win with no grills?

Great to hear you’re happy with the 7s. I kind of do on and
off with the grills they look way better off I think but I’m always scared something
might happen. By the way where did you get that avatar? lol

I tend to leave the grills on - looks much more elegant IMO

I tend to leave the grills on - looks much more elegant IMO

Two ironies:

1. Your quote vs. your avatar.

2. While the RF-7 IIs are stunningly gorgeous, there is very little elegant about that aggressive box. It's meant to be naked!

I thought the lovely "copper-tone" of the RF-7IIs deserved a little parody comparison to another iconic Coppertone. I had the opportunity to create one. It's hard to make out in the avatar, but the top just says "Copper." The caption at the bottom is "If you've got it... Flaunt it!"

• Moderators

I'm guessing by the 50D commet you were responding to the pics of my gear?

Correct. I figured you had a nice DSLR so I took a peek at the EXIF data on one of your pics. [;)] I'm no "professional", just enjoy a little photography with my Nikon D90.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folksss..

I believed am in love with the RF-7II now ... they look powerful like me :)

Question: For those who own the RF-7II speakers, where do you buy them?

at what price? who is the dealer? I'm in Los Angeles, California, and would love

to know a good dealer and hopefully can get a cheaper price than the MSRP,

which is ~ $3200.

Also, does anyone own a B grade RF-7II speaker like the link I have here:

Klipsch Speakers RF-7IIB Floorstanding One Pair Cherry

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1937&sc=57

~$2400 is great and $800 cheaper than the original but not many mention why not buying

them. Is it worth to get the original grade than this B grade which only different in wood color?

Could someone give me info on this?

Thanks FOLKSSSS

Hi folksss..

I believed am in love with the RF-7II now ... they look powerful like me :)

Question: For those who own the RF-7II speakers, where do you buy them?

at what price? who is the dealer? I'm in Los Angeles, California, and would love

to know a good dealer and hopefully can get a cheaper price than the MSRP,

which is ~ $3200.

Also, does anyone own a B grade RF-7II speaker like the link I have here:

Klipsch Speakers RF-7IIB Floorstanding One Pair Cherry

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1937&sc=57

~$2400 is great and $800 cheaper than the original but not many mention why not buying

them. Is it worth to get the original grade than this B grade which only different in wood color?

Could someone give me info on this?

Thanks FOLKSSSS

Great choice in speaker’s I’m sure you will love them. I haven’t

seen any b stock 7s but I know they have different types of b stock. 1. Would

be something like a small scratch that you may or may not see. 2. Could be a

returned speaker that was barley ever used, and then there are speakers that

have the wrong color or finish from the factory. I think you can find them mint

for about that price if you hold out and wait for a good deal. If you don’t want

to wait though and want the best deal right now you might have to go b stock.

wow this is shaking me a bit. i bought a pair of rf7iis at a discount from another dealer as part of a package deal and

was given a good discount for it.

when the speakers arrived i was a bit shocked to see the shade of wood was different from the pics amy posted as well

as pics of the cherry 7iis on the klipsch site.

these "off" color rf7ii's are the exact same shade as mine and sold as b stock because of it's off color.

i have never seen this acknowledgment till now with the above link.

i bought the center channel and surrounds as well. the center matched the fronts so i figured they were all like that even

though the official site had a different shade.

it has been about half a year since i bought them and now i wonder if i should make a stink about it.

was i sold a b stock set of klipsch speakers thinking i got a discount on an A grade set? seems like it.

opinions?

the price i paid? 2400 for the fronts 975 for the center and 600 for the 2 surrounds (pr) seems like i paid 75 bucks more than regular b stock price

My understanding that if they are determined to be B stock when Klipsch gets the veneer, the sticker they put on them says so.

YES - I have a pair of B-stock and center b-stock. The serial tags say B-stock above the serial number. The shipping box also has a B-stock sticker. The color is a little off compared to my RSW-15 veneer, but I can't find a thing wrong with them. They compare finish wise to the RF-7II's pictured on Klipsch's web site. There is also a cherry veneer color swatch, which does not compare to my speakers or the pictures of the speakers on their site - that swatch is exact for my RSW-15. The seller I bought mine from is an authorized dealer, they come with full warranty, and free shipping. Not sure if this is protocol, but here's a couple of links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-RF7-II-Floor-Standing-Speakers-B-Stock-1pr-/390322414918?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1314746642258982134

http://www.soundseller.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/579

post-45015-138196589649_thumb.jpg