Official Pilgrimage 2011 Info

I really want to go, but as it stands, I honostly don't know if I can make it this year. [:'(]

Two-fold reason is that I have practically no vacation time left (I pretty much used it up from taking nearly the entire month of February off to go skiing out west), and what little I have, I will need to save to go to my cousin's wedding in Wisconsin (my old home town of Beloit) near the end of July.

In addition, if this was in Indy, I'd be much more inclined to go, but after last year's fiasco that I went through with Delta trying to get to Hope, I just don't want hassle with it again (you know, the ol' "Once bitten, twice shy" thing?). It would be nice to fly into Chicago or something and then road trip with someone, but that would require even more time off that I just don't have right now.

It won't be the same without ya Steve....let me know if you change your mind and wanna hop in with the Chicago road trip crew. If you only wanted to take Friday off, we could probably leave Thursday after work and still get down there in time to get a good night's sleep...it's only a ~5 hour drive or so if you take the right route [;)]

It won't be the same without ya Steve....let me know if you change your mind and wanna hop in with the Chicago road trip crew. If you only wanted to take Friday off, we could probably leave Thursday after work and still get down there in time to get a good night's sleep...it's only a ~5 hour drive or so if you take the right route Wink

I am not completely ruling out the possibility to go. I'll have to see how it is going with work and if I can indeed swing the time off (does not help that this is coming up on a project deadline as well).

I'll let you know. Thanks

I am not completely ruling out the possibility to go.

I know it's way out of your way, but could you do a Southwest connection from BWI to Little Rock? I believe there's even a nonstop return from LR.

Just pray your SW 737 keeps its top on and your carryon doesn't fly away (even if it flies "for free")!

I'm in, and I'll be bringing my boys. There is no way they will let me go to Hope without them. They had a great time last year - they still talk about getting to see Paul's office and getting to go into the anechoic chamber.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As much as I hate to say this, but at this point, there is just no way that I'll be able to make it this year. Between serious crunch time on a project at work, with no vacation left, and just don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get to Hope like what happened last year, I've decided to just bag it this year.

If it was still in Indy, I may have been able to pull it off.

HOPEfully I'll see you guys next year.

• 4 weeks later...