Anybody using RF-7's for surrounds

wstanger

RF-7"s would be insane as surrounds. Insane meaning great.[Y][8]

With that out of the way, I am going to say this and will probably be lambasted for it.

IMO, if you listen to a lot of multichannel music(SACD's, DVD-A's, concert videos), yes it would be a great idea. Mostly movie watching, I think your $$$ could be better spent elsewhere. I just feel that such a great speaker is wasted as a surround.[:|] Again, just my opinion.

I will shut my mouth[:#] now and close my eyes so it won't hurt as much.[:$]

Bill

• Moderators

No. I have not updated my profile
I bought a pair of 7' s about 2 weeks ago then picked up a
Rc 64 about a week ago I know the correct one is Rc 7 but got a good deal on 64

That's great Bill. You are building quite a collection there. The RC-64 will work out great with the 7's. My guess is you won't be able to tell that it was not meant for the 7's. Enjoy my friend.

Congrats! I bet that does sound awesome with the 7s as fronts and surrounds. You know they say you get the best sound with 5 identical speakers. But 4 is close enough, lol. How did you find the room for all of those 7s?? LOL.

Oan I really dislike you guys.....you're all talking about how great things sound with floorstander surrounds......putting bad thoughts in my head. I have too many speakers as is. Smh.....I need to stay off of these forums before I try to find some RF 82 surrounds

Congrats again on the 7s. Def post pictures and a video when you get a chance!

After reading this thread i put my old Paradigm Monitor 9 as my rear surround. LOL NICE....NOw i want to get another set of RF7II's. You pricks !!! lol I can hear my wife now" you #%$@ " On second thought I think i should just get that out of my head.

I too run 7s up front and 5s for surround duty. It is awesome!

Same here. I also got RF-7 fronts and RF-5s for surround. In addition, I still got RS-7 for second set of surrounds. Admittedly, that is one nice thing about the Denon that I currently have is that I can hook up "A" surrounds (the RF-5s) and "B" surrounds (the RS-7s). Thus when listening to music, I can switch to the RF-5s, but for watching TV or movies, I can switch to the RS-7s. Got the best of both worlds there! [;)]

After reading this thread i put my old Paradigm Monitor 9 as my rear surround. LOL NICE....NOw i want to get another set of RF7II's. You pricks !!! lol I can hear my wife now" you #%$@ " On second thought I think i should just get that out of my head.

Nah go ahead and get another set of 7 IIs! Enjoy them enough for the both of us. I don't have the room for another set of 7s but I may be able to swing a set of 62s or 82s as surrounds to replace my 61s.....

But yes these guys do not help at all. Especially with me being new to the home theater game I'm very curious and after hearing people rave on about stuff I have to try it! lol.

I too run 7s up front and 5s for surround duty. It is awesome!

Same here. I also got RF-7 fronts and RF-5s for surround. In addition, I still got RS-7 for second set of surrounds. Admittedly, that is one nice thing about the Denon that I currently have is that I can hook up "A" surrounds (the RF-5s) and "B" surrounds (the RS-7s). Thus when listening to music, I can switch to the RF-5s, but for watching TV or movies, I can switch to the RS-7s. Got the best of both worlds there! Wink

Oh thats pretty cool! Is there a name for that feature? Is it called A and B surrounds? Is it a 7.1 amp with assignable amp sections or is it truely A and B surrounds? I was just wondering because that sounds really convenient. Do you know if other brands have that feature?