My Aragon One does not have an antenna connector

Klipschfoot

I got this used recently. However, There is a button selector for TUNER but there is no way to hook up an antenna. Compared to photos of otherStage Ones, the place where the coax connector should be is not there, not even a knock out. What gives? When I press the TUNER button, numeric station are there, but obviously there is no sound. Secondly, there are TUNER RCA inputs on the back to the right of AUX RCA inputs. Weird, huh? Thanks for your help.

I seem to remember they made a run that didn't include the Tuner (although the original design clearly has it) to save money as some didn't want it...I'll check with my brother as I believe he bought his (with Tuner) but remember when he was buying/looking at these that there was a run without the tuner for a monetary savings...

Bill

from the net...

Stage One

The Stage One is a 7.1 channel, THX Ultra2-certified outgrowth of the Soundstage, but using Klipsch-inspired cosmetics. Again, it is advertised as using the Aurum preamp as a genesis for the analog circuitry. There are no balanced outputs, however, and I understand that the power supply has been reduced in size from what was built into the Soundstage. USA-spec versions include an AM/FM tuner, however the tuner was omitted from some export models. When the Stage One was discontinued, leftover export models with no tuner were converted to operate on "American" house current, and offered for sale in the USA at a discount. Original list price was $4000, once discontinued they were commonly discounted to $2,999 or even a bit less, and the no-tuner version went for--I think--$2300.

Entire contents copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009 Camino3X2 Feel free to LINK to this Guide in your auctions.

Guide ID: 10000000001649104Guide created: 08/21/06 (updated 03/02/11)

Thank you for your research. I plugged my iPod into the TUNER RCA inputs on the back. Even though the readout on the display shows tunable stations, no matter what station you tune it to, it is acting as an AUX input and I am listening to my iPod as I compose this. They must have blown out the left over boards with FM capabiliity but the assemblers simply did not link it up to an FM antenna but rather installed TUNER inputs instead. How strange. I had the cover off once but I could not tell you what I was looking at to expect there was something strange about this unit. Oh well, for what is worth, ANYTHING sounds good on this pre, even my iPod. The processors in this make CDs (running digitally through fibre connection) sound more natural than even my Sony MD MDS-JB930's Burr Brown converters (I think.) I am going to run my old PS Audio PSIV pre as a PHONO Premap in passive mode for the time being. I don't care about listening to radio anyway. Everything I want is online.

Oh well, for what is worth, ANYTHING sounds good on this pre, even my iPod. The processors in this make CDs (running digitally through fibre connection) sound more natural than even my Sony MD MDS-JB930's Burr Brown converters (I think.)

Find a nice McIntosh tube amp to run with the Stage One. They mate very well together. Enjoy the Stage One. It's an excellent pre/pro but be sure to protect it from sudden power drops, especially during thunder storms.

Frank

McTubes someday. But right now I am using an old Adcom GFA-535 to a pair of JBL L65 Jubals. Sounds great. Big sound stage WITH great imaging. I have not listened to this combo with a lot of music yet. I have sold much of my stuff, including some great amps. I am finding thatt this Stage One has taken me leaps beyond where I was. I guess a good line protector is a good idea sooner than a McIntosh tube amp. Fortunately, the Jubals don't require a lot of power.