What are the best bluray movies ??

larbo13

When ya'll watch these movies with better sound -- do you have to set the audio mode on the AVR/Pro each time? So, if you usually watch HD TV in PLIIx, do you manually go in and change the audio setting to True HD or whatever each time you watch a dvd? For reference I jsut got the UMC-1 and haven't figured out the modes yet.

My ps3 supports TrueHD, etc and so it sends that signal along to the receiver, which also supports TrueHD, etc. In my case the only switching I have to do is between stereo or surround mode, if I happened to be listening to music on that input, otherwise the receiver automatically switches to receive whatever signal is being transmitted.

Watched TRON on BluRay last night at about -9 from reference and it was phenomenal. Best audio track to date. Amazing surround sound and tons of LFE from start to finish. This movie is a nonstop workout for your HT. Better make sure your sub level is set properly or it will scream in pain if you have it dialed in HOT at all. I really can't say enough about the soundrack of this film. The movie was also enjoyable. FUN FUN FUN.

Was that movie watchable? I like to keep up with M Nights movies but i heard that one was bad for even him

I too heard it was awful and had no plans to watch it, but I was pleased! Now, I do have a toddler that watches Disney and Nick on TV, so my expectations were that it would be in that type of children's entertainment. We had the night together, just the two of us, so we sat down and watched and had a grand time. Probably not a movie I would recommend you go out and buy nor one you plan your evening around, but this was free on EPIX HD with 5.1 DTS. The sound of the wind swirling around and water crashing during the "bending" scenes was done quite well! Also some decent LFE.