I'm bringing to the farmhouse...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my Pcats still cuts-out after a few minutes, so I won't bring them.

Steve, have you contacted Mark about this? Mine were doing the same thing, and there's a modification you can make (if it's the same issue as I had with mine).

Steve, Mine also had the same issue. After 4 months I finally got a friend of mine to do the mod. I have not had any issues since ! I have all of the paperwork for the mod and will bring it with me to Hope along with the pCats. Don

Steve, have you contacted Mark about this? Mine were doing the same thing, and there's a modification you can make (if it's the same issue as I had with mine).

Steve, Mine also had the same issue. After 4 months I finally got a friend of mine to do the mod. I have not had any issues since ! I have all of the paperwork for the mod and will bring it with me to Hope along with the pCats. Don

Hey, if you guys work it out, perhaps someone at the Pilgrimage can do the mod for/with Steve! The hardest part is drilling the holes in the stainless chassis.

Hey, if you guys work it out, perhaps someone at the Pilgrimage can do the mod for/with Steve! The hardest part is drilling the holes in the stainless chassis.

That is possible all he needs are the parts ! I will be happy to forward all my emails from Mark with parts list and instructions.

SSH, Would you be interested in trying out an autoformer volume control aka passive preamp? I have one from intact audio. There is no power nor resistive parts just autoformers for volume control. The minimal approach. I've tried it out with a luxman tube amp but would be interested in trying it on other systems www.intactaudio.com

They all fit in the overhead bins, correct? I mean, I've seen people with suitcases bigger than those trying to carry them on a plane, trying to get around the baggage fees.

I'll also bring pCats to be modded with the heat sink mod. davis419b has agreed (I think) to lead the project. Maybe we can have them running for awhile.

SSH

Make sure you have a few of the correct-size COBALT drillbits for getting through the stainless. Also make sure you don't get stainless drill debris where they shouldn't go (inside the chassis).