KP 600 and Jub's

Brac

So, as we all know, It's about the journey. Not the destination. Having said that I have a few questions about the aforementioned KP 600's and Jub's. Are there any in New England? The East Coast? Where do I have to go to hear a set? Then if I get an Obama like tingle up my leg, what would it take to get a set? I know they aren't easy to find. But was is a ball park price? Or, If I have to ask is it TOO MUCH?

Price for used Jub's? possibilty of finding such a thing?

Price for KP 600's? possibility of finding?

Thanks

Your question is fairly cryptic, but I will give it a shot.

There are at least four sets of Jubilees in the New England area. Whether folks would invite you to their home for an audition, I do not know.

As far as finding Jubilees on the used market: that is very, very unlikely.

You can of course buy them new, and there a few options to choose from (cosmetics, which horn etc). Assistance is available to find a crossover. We can only give very rough guesses on the cost for buying them new since we don't know what you want. But you can buy them new of course. If you are serious, then Coytee, will graciously give you the contact information.

I am not sure Obama has a these cabinets, so I am not sure what you are referring to.

-Tom

Hi Brac;

I have a 24 nox KP 600 system that I use for my sound co. As a matter of fact all I use is Klipsch speakers. KSM II monitors (16), Kp 450s(8) which are what the 904s are now. Also 301s, LaScalas,KP366s and so on.

If you would like to talk about them I would be glad to.

Good luck Joey B KP600

• 4 weeks later...

So, as we all know, It's about the journey. Not the destination. Having said that I have a few questions about the aforementioned KP 600's and Jub's. Are there any in New England? The East Coast? Where do I have to go to hear a set? Then if I get an Obama like tingle up my leg, what would it take to get a set? I know they aren't easy to find. But was is a ball park price? Or, If I have to ask is it TOO MUCH? Price for used Jub's? possibilty of finding such a thing? Price for KP 600's? possibility of finding? Thanks

Brac,

To my knowledge, the only guys who own both KP-600s and Jubilees are Kevin Harmon, Steve Kovats aka FYRPWR, and Colter, so you are talking Louisiana, Illinois, and Indiana

Roger

I just noticed this thread.

Regarding the Jubilee's, Greg has a pair in Benton Maine. Little doubt to me that he'd plug them in for a listen. I'm not 100% sure that he's using the exact forumla that Roy is suggesting though. I think Greg prefers passive and doesn't care too much for the K402.

Next is Henry in Westhampton, Massachusetts and I know Henry would welcome visitors, I've specifically asked.

Mike in Buffalo, NY, also said he'd share but he can be difficult to get ahold of

Dave in (near) Richmond, Virginia. Just had a shin-dig over the weekend at his place with Larry, Steve and Thebes showing up for cold pizza

As has been mentioned, getting a pair is really no more difficult than emailing Roy (who then puts you in touch with the next step) and handing over your credit card info. You then wait 2-6 weeks depending on where they are in the manufacturing cycle and viola, they magically appear on the back of a truck at your home.

Ballpark price used to be quoted at "about $7,000" and that was for industrial black. I would think the price might have moved a little over the last 4/5 years. Also, if you elect a pretty panel on the front, it adds a little to the price (I've been told how much and if it's accurate, it's a no brainer!)

Then of course, you need to decide active or passive. If active, do you then have the extra channels laying around or would you need to buy another amp? Also if active, would you want an active crossover or something more cost effective like using the Crown XTI amps which have the DSP built into them? (and also sound good)

You can probably buy two Xti amps for the price of a good active crossover alone. So with the Xti solution, you have crossover and amps for a similar price to a crossover alone prior to amps. With the stand alone active, you can mix/match amp topologies if you want. With the Xti solution, you're pretty stuck with that as your solution, until you replace them.

It's about the journey. Not the destination. Having said that I have a few questions about the aforementioned KP 600's and Jub's

Just thought of something else. You might also keep your thoughts open to the MWM bass bins with the K402 on top or like Mark1101, add in the midbass unit and go 3-way. Absolutely effortless bass. I think Mark has said that the Jubilee's dig deeper than the MWM's. You can sometimes find the MWM bins pretty cost effective. I bought two singles (which make a single double stacked bass bin) for $200 and it cost me another $250 to have them brought to me from Florida. Dtel has some of these as well as Claude (or at least he did). Going this route, if you can find a pair of bass bins cheap, your real expense then is getting the K402 and perhaps midbass unit (K803?)

Going active would probably benefit you in this situation

I've got an idea.... let us know when you are flying out to Hawaii (you suck [;)]) and all Klipsch owners on your flight path can open our doors & windows and crank the tunes up as you fly over. This will allow you to sample many different flavors all across the country in a matter of a couple hours.

[ip] [ap]......[8]...............................................[ap].....[8]..........[ap]......[8]..[8]......[8]..[8].[8]

These are near Pittsburgh (MWM singles)

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/140083.aspx

A little higher than I paid for mine that have handles/trim/fiberglass on them but hey.... still beats several thousand for a Jubilee bass bin!

I don't know though, how these as a stereo pair of singles would compare. I've only heard them used as doubles

Just tossing ideas out for ya

Your question is fairly cryptic, but I will give it a shot.

There are at least four sets of Jubilees in the New England area. Whether folks would invite you to their home for an audition, I do not know.

As far as finding Jubilees on the used market: that is very, very unlikely.

You can of course buy them new, and there a few options to choose from (cosmetics, which horn etc). Assistance is available to find a crossover. We can only give very rough guesses on the cost for buying them new since we don't know what you want. But you can buy them new of course. If you are serious, then Coytee, will graciously give you the contact information.

I am not sure Obama has a these cabinets, so I am not sure what you are referring to.

-Tom

i believe he's referring to a line the lib blowhard chris matthews uttered about obama speaking. it sent a "tingle" up his leg just to hear the "clown in chief" speak.

by summer's end I will have the following operational (with some help from Coytee with the EV DX38)

KP600 4 way system completely rebuilt

MCM 4 way system with original passive networks

KP682/KP362 bi-amplified (my main PA these days)

Jubilee with K402/K69a and K510/K69a - powered with Crown XTi or EV DX38 and Crown non-digital amps

LSI splits with LSI tops and ability to change to either Jubilee top configuration

by summer's end I will have the following operational (with some help from Coytee with the EV DX38)

Holy rockin' db Soundman [8][8][8][H][8][8][8] Can't wait to hear / see these bad boys.

Still minty museum quality I'm sure... so much fun to hear in the park with KP682 and KP362's and ... a couple of summers ago... Too bad Coytee couldn't make it as it was a blast (most of the day but we'll forget about any gremlins.... that mostly seem to appear when I'm n the vicinity [:$]) Tha I think are now looooonnnggggg gone.

I've heard this workin' a couple of times, at least once with "only" one KP362 per side.... maybe both the 2nd time. Awesome rockin' PA for small to pretty good sized rooms - even with one KP362 per side. 2 should save a few fuses?

Jubilee with K402/K69a and K510/K69a - powered with Crown XTi or EV DX38 and Crown non-digital amps

Ahhhhhh so in either XTi or EV DX38 configuration the PEQs are loaded for both channels now? Should we finish listening to that (mostly) virgin copy of 180 gram Aja that is my sole heavy audiophile vinyl pressing? After the first 2 or 3 tracks even with I think the right channel missing the PEQ I can't bring myself to listen on my puny Heresies... at least not until I get one of my real amplifiers back in operation. The one is a five minute fix except I found I lost the #&6@ replacement powerswitch when I finally got up the courage to remove the original. Installation just snaps in and push the labeled and photographed and diagrammed wires onto the switch posts. Durn switch went AWOL from it's box. Probably behind my 3 ton (ok maybe 200 to 300 lb) c 1970's steelcase desk unit. Don't worry. I do have an old worn out stock vinyl copy and a CD copy so it's not like I'm deprived. [:D]

LSI splits with LSI tops and ability to change to either Jubilee top configuration

Still 2 sets of splits now with 3 different tops? Too cool mang. [8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

These are near Pittsburgh (MWM singles)

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/140083.aspx

A little higher than I paid for mine that have handles/trim/fiberglass on them but hey.... still beats several thousand for a Jubilee bass bin!

I don't know though, how these as a stereo pair of singles would compare. I've only heard them used as doubles

Just tossing ideas out for ya

If they are used indoors, doubles are overkill, so I use only two, one for L and one for R bass. Sold 4 of them to Fyrpwr, then got 2 more (see my Avatar) and as far as our last conversation goes, he still has them. I think a midbass/lower midrange horn is space and money better spent for MWM's.

Jubilees will be PEQ'd to perfection if you follow Roy's settings.

Well this certainly puts you on the top 10 envy list of all Klipscheads, Mike.