Wall of Jubilee's

rigma

As I recall the story, he built those for his Jube-Clones.  Spared no expense.  The following year, Roy brought out the TAD driver idea...  Rigma jumped on that but had to make a new crossover.  He built another board like that (I don't know if this is the first board or the TAD board).  I think the second set of crossovers was built from scratch again except for those huge coils which he pulled from the first board.  I don't know what happened to the original crossover boards.

Now that I found this next picture, I'll bet the above board is for the TAD driver

IMG_1254.jpg

• 3 years later...
Anyone use the 510 horn on top of a La Scala  or Belle?  Use the same driver on the horn as the. JUBILEE right and left?   

I'm thinking of going this route.  

Roger
I use the k402 on top of Belle clones for left and right and k510 on top of lascala for center with all the same drivers, it works very well.

Not with jubilee unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IndyKlipschFan said:

Anyone use the 510 horn on top of a La Scala  or Belle?  Use the same driver on the horn as the. JUBILEE right and left?   

Roger

Bob Riff has a pair of Jubilee's with the 510 on top (uses a passive)

Then we have this/these

So, to answer your question  "yes"

Side note, I think it works quite well.  I think Roy only made an active profile for the K69 driver but I don't know that for a fact.  I always kept my eyes open for an active profile for the TAD driver....  but never noticed one.

I don't know who made the passive for the Belle version and I don't know how the LaScala version is balanced (active or passive??)

510.jpg

JubLSI.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyKlipschFan said:

Roger

I used K510s on my La Scalas for 9 years, and was pretty happy with the sound, then a pair of 402 horns became available within driving range in 2017, so they went on top of my main speakers, which are now La Scala IIs.  They sound great.  As for the original La Scalas, I moved them behind and beside the sofa to become the new Surround speakers.

The main speakers are now bi-amped La Scala IIs, with the tweeters being K-691 drivers firing through the 402 horns.  Those, plus the Paradigm Seismic 110 sub, comprise the 2-channel system.  For 6.1 listening, the front centre speaker is a Belle Klipsch, the surrounds are 1st-gen La Scalas (with Crites CT-125 tweeters and Sonicaps), and the rear centre speaker is a Heresy III.

Keep in mind that doing the JubScala conversion costs more than you might expect.  Each pair of speakers now needs 4 channels of amplification, rather than 2, and it should be top-quality amplification, or else why bother making your system so complicated?  They also need a good quality processor to replace the crossovers.

For those reasons, it might make sense to take a look at getting a pair of Jubilees, since then you’ll also have the benefit of the Jubilee bass bins, which are said to sound great.

I have a pair of Jubilees, what I am now doing is  looking at center options. I'd like to take the Belle and cut out the mid-high section and put the 510 there.   Aesthetically that might be better, at least for me, than the La Scala.  

So the quest then is to find a middle Belle or La Scala in average to good condition to paint that black industrial paint on them to match the Jubilees! 

• Like 2

I just got done making these for my upstairs room, I think I am going to make another for a center for my K402- MWMS out in the barn. They sound great a lot better than my LaScalla IIs

that I had for 11 years here  is a pic of one of them

1154501822_IMG_0515587.JPG.79a0d12434f935a5d90e2b1a851fcbf7.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IndyKlipschFan said:

I have a pair of Jubilees, what I am now doing is  looking at center options. I'd like to take the Belle and cut out the mid-high section and put the 510 there.   Aesthetically that might be better, at least for me, than the La Scala.  

So the quest then is to find a middle Belle or La Scala in average to good condition to paint that black industrial paint on them to match the Jubilees! 

Have a pair as well. Bought LaScalas. Tried to use the LaScala center. Was very obvious it wouldn’t work. Bought 3rd Jubilee. You just cant beat matching LCR. 

edit: I do still have plans for them. Don’t hate 🥴

90B80517-8DAD-4CDE-8A6B-C6462E3CC38B.jpeg

• Like 2

I ran a center JuBelle (2-way and 3-way with Beyma CP25 tweeter and K-510 horn with K-69-A compression driver) for about a year and it works, i.e., the timbre of the JuBelle matches the Jubs on either side when tri-amped and dialed in well.  The only downside was that the apparent source width (ASW) of the JuBelle wasn't nearly as wide as a K-402, so I created the K-402-MEH to solve that issue...

Elevated JuBelle (3-way):

gallery_26262_6_1571719.jpg

K-402-MEH:

Askew's Main Rig 16 Feb. 2019.jpg

See the following: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/189584-upgrade-path-advice-k510k402mwm-questions/page/2/

Note that I found that the three K-402 horns across the front (L, C, R) need to be within a 2-3 inches of the same height above the floor to create a realistic sound stage in a home-sized listening room at 10-12 feet of listening distance.  I actually shortened down the K-402s on top of the Jubilees to help facilitate this and found that the overall sound got better when I did it, mainly due to the added phase response flattening.  

Chris

• Like 1