RB-3s as surrounds

wata

Just sold my RB-5s,RS-7s and RSW10 to my friend.My setup now RF-7s and RC-7s(my friend wanted the RS-7)I plan to get a subwoofer a little later on. My question would a pair of RB-3IIs or RC-7s work well as surrounds or rears. I listen 70% to 80%music in both 2 channel and multichannel format

This message has been edited by wata on 04-21-2002 at 02:41 AM

Yes, RB-3's do make good rears. I set them up as surround back in my system, and they sound great. However, they are too big for my room they stick out too much. I was going to get RB-5's but thought they would be too much. I found out the RB-3's were bigger than I thought and have to get rid of themcwm36.gif So, I know where you can get a pair cheap Wink.gif. I've even got wall brackets with them. I've toyed with the idea of using them for surrounds (sides), but don't think it will happen.

------------------

My Home Theater

Personally, wata I prefer well placed monopoles for multi-channel music (and HT too!) as can see from my three system's sig.

The RC-7 makes an even better surround speaker than it does a center speaker IMHO. It provides a better tone and timbre match for your RF-7's... and more closely relates to the 5 identical speaker set-up anticipated by the engineers who mix multi-channel music and DVD movies.

New RB3 II's or almost new RB3's will also do a fine job... particularly for well mixed multi-channel music. RS-7's may be the finest WDST speakers Klipsch has ever produced... but spraying the horn tweeter everywhere to create extra reflections before it reaches your ear tends to detract from the "being there" honesty for which Klipsch speakers are well known.

But now we are talking about things that are a matter of personal preference... and buying speakers with an option to return them if they do not sound right at home should be a definite consideration. -HornED

PS: Hey, toddvj, I like your horned hat! cwm27.gif

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-21-2002 at 07:32 PM

A garden hose "sprays".

Everyone knows that a monopole should be used for music.

A monopole surround speaker will never under any circumstances give the diffuse surround(HT)effects,with localization,that a WDST speaker will.

Only in a pasture will you hear live music without the "being there " reflection.

Keith