CF-2 horn?

K703, from the KLF20/30 (K52), CF2
(K64), and others (IIRC).

A couple of years back these were only about $30 from the Klipsch service department

• Posted by
djk ( M ) on August 11, 2002 at 21:04:20

In Reply to: Re: Radial tractrix horns posted by freddyi on August 10, 2002 at 17:23:28:

The
K703
Tractrix horn may be crossed at 700hz. It was used in the KLF20/30 with a phenolic midrange driver and a tweeter. It was also used with a 2" VC wide range aluminum diaphragm compression driver, without a tweeter, in the now defunct Epic series. Ordered as a repair part from the service department for "your freight damaged KLF20/30," the
Klipsch
part number is 130024 and the MSRP is $30.

K703, from the KLF20/30 (K52), CF2
(K64), and others (IIRC).

A couple of years back these were only about $30 from the Klipsch service department

• Posted by
djk ( M ) on August 11, 2002 at 21:04:20

In Reply to: Re: Radial tractrix horns posted by freddyi on August 10, 2002 at 17:23:28:

The
K703
Tractrix horn may be crossed at 700hz. It was used in the KLF20/30 with a phenolic midrange driver and a tweeter. It was also used with a 2" VC wide range aluminum diaphragm compression driver, without a tweeter, in the now defunct Epic series. Ordered as a repair part from the service department for "your freight damaged KLF20/30," the
Klipsch
part number is 130024 and the MSRP is $30.

djk, you are quoting your self from a post that you wrote back in 5005...

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/65483/641643.aspx#641643

just a few weeks ago, someone at Klipsch support speculated that those horn/driver/coupler combos would cost hundreds of dollars to buy them today.

Actually, it says 2002 on that post I copied.

"just a few weeks ago, someone at Klipsch support speculated that those
horn/driver/coupler combos would cost hundreds of dollars to buy them
today."

What, we have had 1000% inflation lately?

Klipsch doesn't want to encourage the DIY crowd, they don't really want to sell just parts anyway.

OK, as per the link I cut and pasted above, you were in 2005 and you were quoting yourself in 2002 saying that only a few years ago (1999? 2000?) the part was $30.

I agree that Klipsch does not want to support the do it your self crowd, selling parts is a service that a high class company gives with the purchase of whole speaker units.

But as to your 1000% inflation remark;

things that are in short supply go up in price fast; things that are no longer made and are discontinued by the manufacturer and are still in demand go WAY up.

FAST

2 or 3 years ago, real copper badges for Heritage (etc) speakers were $3 from Klipsch. Today are sold regularly for $30 (or $40 or even $50 on eBay.)

how much inflation is that?

So the people here that made pie-slice logo repros are all in jail now?

If they are no longer available from Klipsch I have no problem making a pair to replace mine, and offering a few to forum members in the same boat.