Blowing speakers...

Torin

I've heard all sorts of things about whether they can be blown or not? I've heard about limiters and everything too...please assist me...im not driving them hard enough to blow them(im learning their limits). Please help clear up the controversey...thanks!

the richard simmons robot. lol, T2, ha ha!

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

• Moderators

I cannot give you a "safe volume level" simply because different types of media and media players have different outputs, and even certain songs are "heavier" than others.

Just use your best judgement smile.gif And the sub will cut off if it's being played too hard...

--Amy

yeah me too! i like to play MYA, and really love Destiny's Child... i guess i am a ******... LoL! but they rock.. in fact i think i like that kinda music more tahn any other! especially destiny's child with the 4.1's... anyone download survivor from destiny's child? every one that i have downloaded, 96kbps-256kbps has sounded bad, like i went to the EQ and set everything at the max... this is the only song that does this and it is only on the pro's, my Yamaha headphones do fine... even those sony around teh ear headphones handle it... is there something wrone with my pros or what? i have tried it with different programs and all have the maxed out sound... that sound i sbad just FYI. i wonder if it is becasue the song may go under 20hz, maybe to liek 14 cause that is where my other headphones limit... ohwell this is really off topic but if you want to listen to a great song for the pros, try from destin'ys child... bills, bills, bills, jupmin jumpin, no, no, no, part two with wyclef (the only part two), say my name, independent women, and survivor. also 311 (three eleven) has awesome bass along with MYA, case of the Ex. just try these out and tell me what you think. thanks. wow, i should be given the best at getting off topic, anyone who knows me from teh board should remember the DVD to hacking to wallpapers to dvd to hacking to cracks post! LoL and then the out of the blue MP3 question, and then the angry Proview Monitor (EVIL!!!!) fumigation from me! if you DO own a proview monitor, could you tell me if you had any problems... oh and please go to my website. click on my computer and you can get to the Klipsch wallpapers and read about the nasty proview monitor i bought! gtg.

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

wow, i really got off topic. i just wanted to say taht i thought i blew my sub yesterday. i was playing destiny's child... imagine that, and all of a sudden this LOUD and i mean loud poping noise came out from my sub. I was freaking out. it aws like gun shots into a campells soup can or something. well when i went to check it out... my sub had sucked up a Dilbert off teh wall calendar comice strip, about 5x4 inches. it was sucking and puching it from the hole making the most awful noise. well now i do not put any paper by the sub! i have never been able to get my klipsch to full power cause i and afraid i will bleed from my ears, and becasue they are ajacent to a 5x5 foot window! not good! LoL ok well bye again

-justin

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/