Any endurance racing fans in the crowd?

With the Formula 1 season in full swing and the Australian V8 Supercars tearing up the track, my racing calendar is looking very pleasing indeed. The events I am perhaps most looking forward to are the 24 hours of Le Mans in June (although it is on the same weekend and the Canadian F1 Grand Prix) and the 24 hours of Nürburgring.

My question here is over the latter race, the "24 Hours Nürburgring" as it officially known. I don't know of any TV network offering coverage of it. The 24 hours of Le Mans is being broadcast be speed, as it is every year.

Does anyone know of a way to watch the race, preferably all 24 hours-worth?

Also, just for fun, see the attached poll.

"24 Hours Nürburgring"

Might be able to watch it online .

I am a fan of all motorsports ; actually was able to talk my dad into going to the 24 hour of Daytona in 1980 . Good times indeed .

I voted for other though . The best race to blast through your Klipsch speakers is this Sunday in Charlotte NC . The 2nd annual NHRA 4-Wide Nationals . 32,000 HP combined at the hit from the fuel cars ! I'll be there for eliminations and then I'll blast it through my Klipsch speakers once I get home and my hearing returns to normal .

If you google "24 hours of nurburgring streaming" you can find several sites that host video streams of the race. RadioLemans.com provides english language audio streaming for those and many other race series.

I'm more of an F1 and MotoGP fan (love all the technology), but follow all types of motorsports. However, I've lost quite a bit of interest in the NHRA since they've gone to 1000 feet for the nitro classes. They either needed to eliminate some of the drag racing tracks that couldn't be made safe (due to their short runoff length) or change the specs slightly for the nitro cars to slow them down a bit. In any case the track length for all the classes should be 1320 feet.

I know a lot of people like the 4 wide racing in NC, but I'm just not a fan of that either... 2 cars, side-by-side, down a 1320 foot long track is what it should be.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the new Circuit of the Americas track being built down in Austin to host F1 (starting 2012) and MotoGP (starting 2013)... that's just a couple hours down the road from me. Will definitely be attending both of those races.

Love the Petit Le Mans. The race is held in October at Road Atlanta in Brasselton, Georgia. There are (3) different classes(GT1,GT2,P2) racing together on this 2.52 mile European style track with fast straights, chicanes, and plenty of elevation changes. My wife and I had a 3-day pass back in 2003 and really enjoyed the time. We got a kick out of guessing what mfr of car was about to to crest the top of the hill on the way down to pit row. We were able to identify them by their sound before we saw them. Ferrari and Audi-----high pitch whistle-ish sound, Corvette and Viper-----throaty American bigblock sound, Porsche-----somewhere in between. We had a blast. Cool to watch on my 5.1 system but not quite the same as being there.

The Audi's will take it this year.

Audi R18

Bill

Love the Petit Le Mans. The race is held in October at Road Atlanta in Brasselton, Georgia. There are (3) different classes(GT1,GT2,P2) racing together on this 2.52 mile European style track with fast straights, chicanes, and plenty of elevation changes. My wife and I had a 3-day pass back in 2003 and really enjoyed the time. We got a kick out of guessing what mfr of car was about to to crest the top of the hill on the way down to pit row. We were able to identify them by their sound before we saw them. Ferrari and Audi-----high pitch whistle-ish sound, Corvette and Viper-----throaty American bigblock sound, Porsche-----somewhere in between. We had a blast. Cool to watch on my 5.1 system but not quite the same as being there.

The Audi's will take it this year.

Audi R18

Bill

Wow Bill, What an excellent story. I have tickets to the Canadian F1 Grand Prix in June. I am so pumped for it. Nothing beats a race in the flesh.