Need AV cabinet that will accept a turntable.

Hofy

I am looking for a cabinet or ideas to build one that is similar to what I have now (pictured below). I need something that will take a turntable.

I need to be able to place the widescreen on top of the cabinet so placing the TT there is out. I also do not want to wall mount anything (TV or TT).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

I just went and looked at the turntable pull out on entertainment system downstairs. Basic plywood with trim and slider attachments on the sides that are simular to what I've seen at Home Depoe. Seems substancial enough and appears not to sag when extended all the way out. The ones on my entertainment system do not appear as heavy duty as the ones I've looked at in the store, which I'm certain would support Turntable. Have been wondering if the ones in the store would support 50-60lb receivers.

Hope this helps, John

Bill, that is all I was able to come up with too. I worry about the stability of the pull out shelf and vibration dampening.

I used the drawer pull out method and it has absolutely no ill effects. Picked up a pair of premo close tolerance, ball bearing slides with positive stops and it works well.

Guest davidness

I, also, built a pull out shelf using a piece of stained plywood afixed to ball-bearing drawer slides purchased at Home Depot. It works great. Very stable.

Thanks for the input, everyone! I guess a pull out shelf it is then. I will be building a cabinet myself so the shelf will be heavy duty.

I have an old issue of Woodcraft with plans for this cabinet. Mine will be oak without doors.

Posted Image