Picture of the Day !

davis419b

I had my first chance to listen to Klipsch outdoors this weekend ! I took a pair of Chorus II,s to the divisional race at the Texas Motorplex this weekend and was blown away by the sound as was everyone else. I couldnt believe how well they imaged being outdoors and the bass was killer. Between the Chorus !!,s and the Margarita machine we had plenty of company. I guess I should say we had a great time racing but it was not the highlite of the event !

post-29696-13819640218294_thumb.jpg

I am not a big fan of 4 wide, its hard enough to keep 2 lanes good.

I agree to a point . The NHRA has gotten incredibly good at track prep . The only lane without a fuel winner was lane 2 .

If you noticed all the wins in topfuel came from lanes 1 & 4.

Actually it was lanes 3 and 4 for the fuel cars this year with a couple of lucky lane 1's . Lanes 1 and 2 where the place to be last year .

Not to mention there is a very slim chance for a pedalfest win with 4 cars.

Wrong on that point , the most dangerous thing about the 4 wide is that the drivers don't know what is going on in the other 2 lanes and will push it beyond what they would normaly do ; First 2 advance regardless . Didn't happen this year but last year there were some incidents . In closing I would like to point out that the 4 wide Nats. is an event of interest here on the Klipsch Forum ; why ? Because it is the absolute loudest auto race on the planet !!!

I am not a big fan of 4 wide, its hard enough to keep 2 lanes good.

I agree to a point . The NHRA has gotten incredibly good at track prep . The only lane without a fuel winner was lane 2 .

If you noticed all the wins in topfuel came from lanes 1 & 4.

Actually it was lanes 3 and 4 for the fuel cars this year with a couple of lucky lane 1's . Lanes 1 and 2 where the place to be last year .

Not to mention there is a very slim chance for a pedalfest win with 4 cars.

Wrong on that point , the most dangerous thing about the 4 wide is that the drivers don't know what is going on in the other 2 lanes and will push it beyond what they would normaly do ; First 2 advance regardless . Didn't happen this year but last year there were some incidents .

In closing I would like to point out that the 4 wide Nats. is an event of interest here on the Klipsch Forum ; why ? Because it is the absolute loudest auto race on the planet !!!

Are you a drag racer ?

Don do you remember Green Valley Raceway, I have real fond memories of those days? I suppect you can Big Smile

Cornman

Yep! GREAT track!

I'm from Houston, but raced at Green Valley a couple times WAY back in the day. Can't recall exactly when, but probably in the late 70's or early 80's . . .

Here's a link to the GV Raceway Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118266191544742&v=info

Yea, those were the days, in 1965 my cousin had a flathead 49 Ford & I had a 58 Corvett we raced at Greenvalley; & we thought we were smoking hot [:$]. That was also about the time of my first exposure to Kipsch. Then I was drafted in to the Army in 66 & my racing days were over. The race cars or gone but Klipsch is still very much a part of my life fortunately.

Cornman

Yea, those were the days. My cousin had a flathead 49 Ford & I had a 58 Corvett & we thought we were smoking hot Embarrassed. That was also about the time of my first exposure to Kipsch, the race cars or gone but Klipsch is still very much a part of my life fortunately.

Cornman

I would have been racing my old Baja Gold 1970 GTO. Only ran upper 13's but I had a blast with it.

Didn't get into Klipsch speakers until a few years later when I purchased my first REAL system - a pair of Quartets driven by a Yamaha receiver, CD changer and cassette deck. Still using that same pair of Quartets as my front mains in my family room "HT" setup, plus another pair of Quartets as rear surrounds. Bought a pair of Forte IIs for my bedroom setup. Wish I had the $$$ and the room for some LaScalas or Belles!

Here's a pic of my FR "HT, and a pic of the only Pontiac I still own, a 1972 Firebird Formula 455HO.

post-37049-13819640325904_thumb.jpg